The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Morning all :frow

@Teila glad you're enjoying the new equipment!

@bruceha2000 thanks for sending me a link but the video wouldn't load.

@DigMyChicks oh boy, the cats are going to have some fun now! Good thinking on not putting your porcelain ornaments on the tree.

@sunflour you have a knitting machine? How does that work, do you just sort of load up the yarn and put in a pattern?

@CapricornFarm that quilt you made is so pretty!

Yesterday's wind gusts got up to 50 mph, too too much. Today it's as calm as can be and now that seems strange :hmm

Time to grab another cup of coffee :caf

Morning all :frow

@Teila glad you're enjoying the new equipment!

@bruceha2000 thanks for sending me a link but the video wouldn't load.

@DigMyChicks oh boy, the cats are going to have some fun now! Good thinking on not putting your porcelain ornaments on the tree.

@sunflour you have a knitting machine? How does that work, do you just sort of load up the yarn and put in a pattern?

@CapricornFarm that quilt you made is so pretty!

Yesterday's wind gusts got up to 50 mph, too too much. Today it's as calm as can be and now that seems strange :hmm

Time to grab another cup of coffee :caf
Good morning Debby. It was windy here but not that bad. It got to 64*. It’s going to suck when the temp changes.

knitting machine? How does that work, do you just sort of load up the yarn and put in a pattern?

I have 2 - one knits in the round ( Addi Express King size) and the other knits linearly -(the Ultimate Sweater Machine).

The Addi is too easy - "load" the yarn and turn the handle...but it really is only useful for tubular items, hats or scarfs. Boring after you do a few.

The linear type are more versatile but impossible to use with a rambunctious cat around :) You control a shuttle back and forth and open/close the needles for what you are doing. It has been in a cabinet since I got Buddy :lau At least the sound of the Addi keeps Buddy at bay :)

I have 2 - one knits in the round ( Addi Express King size) and the other knits linearly -(the Ultimate Sweater Machine).

The Addi is too easy - "load" the yarn and turn the handle...but it really is only useful for tubular items, hats or scarfs. Boring after you do a few.

The linear type are more versatile but impossible to use with a rambunctious cat around :) You control a shuttle back and forth and open/close the needles for what you are doing. It has been in a cabinet since I got Buddy :lau At least the sound of the Addi keeps Buddy at bay :)

Do you knit by hand too? That and crocheting are things I never could get the hang of. My grandma used to try to show me but she was a lefty and that didn't translate well to my righty brain.

Do you knit by hand too? That and crocheting are things I never could get the hang of. My grandma used to try to show me but she was a lefty and that didn't translate well to my righty brain.

I prefer to knit by hand - I learned from a book and you tube :) I have crocheted afghans, but prefer knitting. Problem is winter dry hands and yarns aren't a good mix :(

Good morning, all

:frow Hope things are going well for you and the Princess.

Back
Top Bottom