The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

It's in the 40's here but with no wind and the sun shining it's great!

DH, a friend and I worked on the run today and got it covered in reinforced plastic. The girls won't be so wind-beaten now. Hopefully now they'll spend more time walking around, scratching & pecking rather than huddling under the coop (or in the coop) trying to escape the wind.

Made a new cheesecake recipe yesterday and the friend that helped us only wanted some of that as a "thanks" :D

Good Morning Friends :hugs

DMC your kitty pics are adorable! :love

No Christmas tree for us because of the cats who I know for sure would just destroy it.

Thank you Capricorn .. yep, had a wonderful time but, as always, good to be home.

I have been tossing up whether to share a progress pic of my latest cross stitch but as we were [late to the party, as always] talking crafts; here goes ….

This one has been in the making for the past 3 months, working on it most evenings for a couple of hours:

Froggy Nov 2017.jpg

Some previous efforts which I have kept, others I have given to friends and family.

Kittens.jpg

Rabbit.jpg

We have had a couple of cats that would climb the tree. We are cat free at the moment though

3 months after we moved into our first apartment, Mike the cat showed up on our doorstep. I opened the door, he came inside, and said, "My house." Along comes Christmas and we are sitting in our little living room looking at the tree, and Mike launches himself from the floor up into the tree - :th goes the tree. One day he just walked out the door and never came back.

Last edited:

No Christmas tree for us because of the cats who I know for sure would just destroy it.

Thank you Capricorn .. yep, had a wonderful time but, as always, good to be home.

I have been tossing up whether to share a progress pic of my latest cross stitch but as we were [late to the party, as always] talking crafts; here goes ….

This one has been in the making for the past 3 months, working on it most evenings for a couple of hours:

View attachment 1197994

Some previous efforts which I have kept, others I have given to friends and family.

View attachment 1197995

View attachment 1197998
Just adorable! I love them!

View attachment 1197994

View attachment 1197995

View attachment 1197998
Those are amazing. Beautiful work.

Back
Top Bottom