The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sorry, those last 2 paragraphs really did turn a bit defensive but oh well.

Anyway, I'm going to go home and take care of the fish now and maybe hug my dog.

Also I might be partly overreacting a tad because I didn't fall asleep till 5, woke up at 8, was about to fall back asleep when my mom reminded me I have a 9am class today so I had to stay awake on 3 hours sleep. And I still have that headache and neck ache. Been a week straight now. And havent slept much in general. So I might be a little grumpy and/or not thinking 100% straight and therefore maybe a little more emotional than usual BUT I do still think most if not all of what I said still stands

@KDOGG331
Kelsey, you're fine hon...have a :hugs

Thanks Debby! (That is your name, right? So sorry if it isn't!).

I keep randomly bursting into tears over nothing lol it's ridiculous. Mostly only for a few seconds or minutes at a time but still. I think I'm just way overtired and need a nap. Or maybe some caffeine. And maybe some Excedrin but I'm sick of taking drugs. And I actually think my headache would have been gone today if I had gotten enough sleep. Maybe tonight.

I certainly wasn't being judgmental or condemning in any way and if it was taken that way I surely do apologize. My sole purpose and intention was merely to get ya to think about things and in reading your original posts it just seemed that ya was anxious to get more fish, but didn't want to clean the tank of those ya already have. So, that is why I posted what I did, but wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, but challenge ya to do what ya was putting off doing. If I thought for a single second that ya just didn't care or were that unconcerned I would've never responded. There are times in life we all need a push to do the things we have neglected to do and that was what I was attempting to do. Don't ever think that my sole focus is on your animals, but you too....and sometimes I may overstep the bounds and try to encourage you to be better. Like I stated, I have raised 4 daughters and guess it is just the daddy in me, and I also used to coach girls basketball and softball from 6yrs old to 18yrs old, so leaving that behind is difficult at times. I just want ya to be the best ya can be and will always encourage ya every step of the way, but some is not always pleasent to swallow....just like medicine. So, for any hurt feelings or injured emotions I sincerely apologize.....:hugs :)

I certainly wasn't being judgmental or condemning in any way and if it was taken that way I surely do apologize. My sole purpose and intention was merely to get ya to think about things and in reading your original posts it just seemed that ya was anxious to get more fish, but didn't want to clean the tank of those ya already have. So, that is why I posted what I did, but wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, but challenge ya to do what ya was putting off doing. If I thought for a single second that ya just didn't care or were that unconcerned I would've never responded. There are times in life we all need a push to do the things we have neglected to do and that was what I was attempting to do. Don't ever think that my sole focus is on your animals, but you too....and sometimes I may overstep the bounds and try to encourage you to be better. Like I stated, I have raised 4 daughters and guess it is just the daddy in me, and I also used to coach girls basketball and softball from 6yrs old to 18yrs old, so leaving that behind is difficult at times. I just want ya to be the best ya can be and will always encourage ya every step of the way, but some is not always pleasent to swallow....just like medicine. So, for any hurt feelings or injured emotions I sincerely apologize.....:hugs :)

Thank you! I want to apologize too. I think I definitely overreacted some too, especially already having a bad day and it is also REALLY hard to tell tone (not time, stupid autocorrect) and stuff on the internet so I think it may have seemed harsher than intended or I simply may have just misinterpreted it that way.

Anyway, this new post makes your intention much clearer, though I already had a feeling it wasn't meant to be mean or negative, so apologies for my reaction too. Especially because if I knew it wasn't intended as mean, even if I initially read it a different way, then I could have and probably should have adjusted my reply for that and not replied as I would have anyone else.

And yeah, reading it now I can see how it seemed like I was anxious to get more and immediately. I wasn't intending to though. I guess the excitement was just that they had so many cool colors as you maybe saw in the pictures. Eventually I'd definitely get more, especially if I ever get a pond (that might be a better idea) but right now I think I'd have to set up a whole new tank? I don't think it's wise to throw them in with the current ones? Especially Wal-Mart fish. But maybe @oldhenlikesdogs would know the specifics on that. But yeah, I definitely wouldn't add more right now. I would love to and yeah, initially was crazy excited and in am overwhelmed SO MANY COOL FISH state but then I calmed down and thought about reality haha I just didn't really put that part into my post.

Also OHLD, do they stay red and white like that or do they fade or go orange later?

Anyways, I am sorry too

And I am sure you are/were a great father and coach and really helped those girls :)

Last edited:
Oh and actually I do appreciate the push. I need to work on that.

My brothers and dad are always trying to push it too.

I get mad especially my dad and one brother cause they're ruder/more gruff and my older brother is kinda go go/drill sergenty sometimes and it overwhelms me but I suppose it probably does have good intentions

I need to get a job too

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes. And you didn't miss it, it is TODAY! I'm off to the shower and then we are going out to dinner.

@KDOGG331 Have you considered the possibility that you ARE suffering from clinical depression? Wanting to do stuff but not being able to get one's butt up to do them is one "sign". You WANT to, you tell yourself you HAVE to ... and you just can't. That is far different from procrastination. I have known both, OK on the depression at the moment, procrastination is genetic I think ;). Could be you have SADD, there are special lights to help with that.

BTW, I don't spend much time with my chickens either. Once in the morning to let them out of the barn, make sure they have food and water, check for eggs, give them their BOSS. Again in the evening at roost time, check for eggs, fill the feeder if necessary, give them some scratch. Since I'm home most days, I'll check for eggs a few times if it is below freezing. Don't want the girls doing all that work and then have the eggs frozen!

Good Morning Friends :hugs

Belated Happy Anniversary bruceha2000 :clap

Just after 07:30AM here and I have a day planned in the garden; going to have to keep the water intake up though, predicted maximum of 89.5F. Going to get the mowing out of the way first.

What do you have planned for the garden today Teila (other than mowing)? Definitely keep up on the water!

Back
Top Bottom