The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes. And you didn't miss it, it is TODAY! I'm off to the shower and then we are going out to dinner.

@KDOGG331 Have you considered the possibility that you ARE suffering from clinical depression? Wanting to do stuff but not being able to get one's butt up to do them is one "sign". You WANT to, you tell yourself you HAVE to ... and you just can't. That is far different from procrastination. I have known both, OK on the depression at the moment, procrastination is genetic I think ;). Could be you have SADD, there are special lights to help with that.

BTW, I don't spend much time with my chickens either. Once in the morning to let them out of the barn, make sure they have food and water, check for eggs, give them their BOSS. Again in the evening at roost time, check for eggs, fill the feeder if necessary, give them some scratch. Since I'm home most days, I'll check for eggs a few times if it is below freezing. Don't want the girls doing all that work and then have the eggs frozen!
Happy Anniversary!

Is there such a thing as chemical free low calorie baking?:idunno
Making a cake with a mix in it is rare for me. Usually I bake from scratch. Many of those things are chemically treated and somehow plastic gets into everything!

I wonder how much plastic we have in us. Kind of scary

That sounds good
The cake had half a cup of rum and the syrup had another half cup of rum. The recipe is one that Debby posted @N F C

I will have to bake it for home soon. This one was for work and it was gone before lunch time.

Making a cake with a mix in it is rare for me. Usually I bake from scratch. Many of those things are chemically treated and somehow plastic gets into everything!

I haven't made debbie's bread recipe yet cause I want to swap a cup of AP for either whole wheat or spelt, but i have to grind it. And I'm kind of lazy.

Definitely scary! And now you've scared me hah

How do you go about making a cake from scratch?

We always just use mixes ha whoops.

Cookies though I like to make from scratch or I buy the Tollhouse dough.

How would make, say, just a simple yellow cake or something though?

Is it mostly just flour or is there more to it?

The cake had half a cup of rum and the syrup had another half cup of rum. The recipe is one that Debby posted @N F C

I will have to bake it for home soon. This one was for work and it was gone before lunch time.

Wow that is a lot of rum! Haha

I haven't made debbie's bread recipe yet cause I want to swap a cup of AP for either whole wheat or spelt, but i have to grind it. And I'm kind of lazy.

What's AP?

Definitely scary! And now you've scared me hah

How do you go about making a cake from scratch?

We always just use mixes ha whoops.

Cookies though I like to make from scratch or I buy the Tollhouse dough.

How would make, say, just a simple yellow cake or something though?

Is it mostly just flour or is there more to it?

Wow that is a lot of rum! Haha

What's AP?
all purpose flour...

Back
Top Bottom