The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Sounds like our weather! The girls better enjoy their free ranging today:lol:I found a bucket of eggs yesterday and am hoping most are still good. A couple are laying in an old grainery and only found them as we were taking wood off a wall to make a boot bench out of. Buggers!
View attachment 1201462

That's quite a stash!

I buy the Walmart boxes when I need much bigger ones. At Sam's club last year I bought
a six pack of Scotch shipping tape (big rolls). I end to go overboard with tape. I always worry the bottom will fall out and they'll deliver an empty box. After the video, I am more worried than usual.

Even with UPS delivery, I can see the sides were kicked in, or the bottom is barely held together. I know my delivery man is short and slim and I've seen him drop a box from his shoulder height to the ground in front of me. So much for writing fragile or handle with care, or This end up. Nobody cares. I can't believe it's possible for fertile eggs to be shipped without having them scrambled. Just no respect.

Someone sent us 3 boxes from Amazon, and I have to admit they all arrived in good condition - no dents or anything with the boxes.

Yeah, I tape soo much. And Amazon boxes always seem in good shape

So true... Reminds me of Saudi. Winter morning 50*, we're walking in the gate in short sleeves and the guard was wearing a parka and ski mask.:lau

Morning all.:frow

When I lived in Key West, that's how you could tell who was local and who was visiting. Locals would be buttoned up with long pants and visitors would be wearing shorts and tank tops :lol:

LOL

Good Morning, a lot to a catch up on here.

For sure I will never have a fish tank, no way would I be able to clean one by siphoning :sick. My brother used to raise some tropical fish, he had 2 tanks, one holding tank to move them to while cleaning the main tank.

Thanks Ron for the tips on fragile packages and the link to the video - eye opening :eek:

CF your raised beds are really looking nice, hope ya post the final pics when done :)

@sunflour , there are 'bulb activated' siphons similar to siphons used for kerosene or gasoline. No need to get a mouthful of fish water. :rant

Where's the fun and adventure in that? :gig

Yeah, some of us like living on the edge. Now siphoning gas is another thing. Just the smell of gas makes me:sick

If they made ice cream flavored fish tank water DD would be in line to try it!:gig

LOL yeah, fish tank water is gross

I believe it's a classic scenario where somebody wants a big dog, but they don't have the know-how train them. Asheron, my great Dane He has the run of the house and never get up on any furniture. He has a massive pillow on the floor. Just as he never jumps up on anyone. Good manners starts early in puppyhood. It's sad to to think of such a noble dog caged in a cell (IMO). :hmm

Well, supposedly the crate is huge and they have tons of room in it, more like an apartment lol, but you are right and I don't think crates are really necessary. I can see benefits for crate training a puppy though for potty and stuff but after that there isn't really a need.

Thanks, here is the one i made last night. Going to in laws in Canada.View attachment 1201304

Nice!

I saw stuff like that first hand when I dropped off a package to fedex in Chico. The guy asked if the package could take a six foot drop and when I said yes, he turned and chucked it ten feet into a six foot deep bin.

:th This was not a fragile package but still...:mad:

WOW!

Mom's retired from the PO. Often on days when we were sharing a car, I'd wait for her on the loading dock. They guy who drove the distribution truck was a jerk. :rant If it said fragile, he'd throw it further and harder—but one day he got his just rewards... He missed the tag that said "Live Bees" and he quickly found himself inside his truck with 3000 angry bees.:lau:gig

LOL OMG! I guess that shows CF is right though. Sometimes they DO treat it worse if labeled fragile...

You can also pick up just the ONE box you need at the PO, still free. And they have boxes that cost a set price to ship no matter if it is filled with feathers or lead.

It does seem there isn't as much attention paid as there should be. DW gets refrigerated medicine for RA. It is NOT supposed to freeze, CLEARLY labeled on the box. Had a snowstorm a couple of years ago and UPS didn't deliver, not the next day either. By whining a lot to the call center's manager I got the number for the local distribution center to make sure the box was inside until they could deliver it. Um, well it is probably still out on the truck.

Called the online pharmacy, they said no way they would use it, they will ship a new box ASAP and UPS would pick up the other one. They did, maybe 3 days later. Not sure why they didn't take it when they dropped off the other one 2 days earlier. We never even took it off the porch. Someone paid for $8,000 of unusable drugs, it wasn't us, I trust it wasn't our insurance company. They already paid most of it the first time, UPS destroyed it.

I thought about using one but then I wasn't sure how expensive mine would be to ship. Thought the flat rate might be more. I'll have to weigh mine and see.

Karma's a youknowwhat :gig

Lol true

Yep!
I don't know about everywhere but at least here the guys running the mail on the road aren't even PO employees. Contracted trucking companies.

I didn't know the USPS contracted out like that...interesting.

Is that why occasionally around here I'll see just a regular car delivering mail?

I went for a walk by the river with husband and dogs. We saw an old dead tree shredded by a bear searching for grubs and a place on one of the trees where you could see claw marks.
I took a picture of the log cabin from the flats near the river.
20171203_150431.jpg

Is that why occasionally around here I'll see just a regular car delivering mail?
Nope. ONLY USPS carriers (and occasionally a postmaster or clerk in a serious pinch) can legally put ANYTHING in a mailbox. There have been times when a carrier has been driven around their route by someone else but THEY have to be the one putting the mail in the box.

So if people are not aware, you are now informed ... you may NOT EVER put ANYTHING in someone else's mailbox unless it is misdelivered USPS mail.

In most places city carriers have USPS owned vehicles (*) rural carriers drive their own vehicles, it is part of the job. Not all carriers have signs or lights on their cars (*I* think it should be a requirement) though most on a regular route will. Sometimes a carrier won't be in their own car (theirs broke down, they hit a deer, both happened in the past 2 weeks to carriers in my wife's "installation"). But these days there is now Sunday delivery for Amazon so you might see "odd" cars driving around and delivering packages.

* The RHD trucks known as "Long Life Vehicles" or LLVs. Sometimes they have vans but they WILL be marked with the USPS logo.

Back
Top Bottom