The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

@sunflour , there are 'bulb activated' siphons similar to siphons used for kerosene or gasoline. No need to get a mouthful of fish water. :rant

Thanks, but I don't siphon, would make DH do it :D I have witnessed him siphon gasoline once :sick

I saw stuff like that first hand when I dropped off a package to fedex in Chico. The guy asked if the package could take a six foot drop and when I said yes, he turned and chucked it ten feet into a six foot deep bin.

:th This was not a fragile package but still...:mad:

Oh my, he could have waited til you walked away :duc

Mom's retired from the PO. Often on days when we were sharing a car, I'd wait for her on the loading dock. They guy who drove the distribution truck was a jerk. :rant If it said fragile, he'd throw it further and harder—but one day he got his just rewards... He missed the tag that said "Live Bees" and he quickly found himself inside his truck with 3000 angry bees.:lau:gig

:thumbsup..glad he got "lit" up :)
There's been some stuff in the news about contracted folks with Amazon deliveries...taking poops on video :sick . Throwing boxes, kicking boxes...:barnie. I am thankful for the very nice post office lady and UPS/Fed Ex folks who come here :)

If you'll guarantee that, I'll go out and buy one tomorrow.

We once made a trip to FL panhandle, the next morning Weather Channel said it was snowing in Macon/home...so DH bought a snow shovel and we came home immediately to only find rain :hit....so that's why DH doesn't believe the weather folks :)

We have it starting today at 3pm. Wind is blowing 29mph with gusts up to 40mph. Rain later that will turn into snow. The highs for the next few days will be in the 20's.

Oh joy :rolleyes:

I'm on my way...gotta see me some snow :bun. Maybe better you post pics, I gotta work tomorrow.

Sounds like our weather! The girls better enjoy their free ranging today:lol:I found a bucket of eggs yesterday and am hoping most are still good. A couple are laying in an old grainery and only found them as we were taking wood off a wall to make a boot bench out of. Buggers!
View attachment 1201462

If your weather is not over 70 F....IMO place those in fridge and use them.

I leave threatening notes all over the house like "MUST plant seeds today." they've been sitting around for 2 years even though marked "very important seeds." Probably won't germinate by now anyway. See all the trouble I saved myself from.

You never know, you could plant them and see what happens :idunno. 2 years old...betcha they will grow :D

Rosa or maybe Bitty laid her first egg today :wee. They do look so much alike, 2 smallest of the Welsummers. But I knew she was gonna lay -- sang a song coming down the big coop ramp, looked all around the coop/run went back in and laid it in one of the big coop's nest boxes :jumpy....so now I have 3 Wellies laying and the aging BR laying too.

Still one more Wellie free-loading, but she has big wattles/comb and red eyes :D.. so with some luck I will soon have 5 gals laying :ya

Nope. ONLY USPS carriers (and occasionally a postmaster or clerk in a serious pinch) can legally put ANYTHING in a mailbox. There have been times when a carrier has been driven around their route by someone else but THEY have to be the one putting the mail in the box.

So if people are not aware, you are now informed ... you may NOT EVER put ANYTHING in someone else's mailbox unless it is misdelivered USPS mail.

In most places city carriers have USPS owned vehicles (*) rural carriers drive their own vehicles, it is part of the job. Not all carriers have signs or lights on their cars (*I* think it should be a requirement) though most on a regular route will. Sometimes a carrier won't be in their own car (theirs broke down, they hit a deer, both happened in the past 2 weeks to carriers in my wife's "installation"). But these days there is now Sunday delivery for Amazon so you might see "odd" cars driving around and delivering packages.

* The RHD trucks known as "Long Life Vehicles" or LLVs. Sometimes they have vans but they WILL be marked with the USPS logo.

Thanks for all the info! I've found it really interesting! :)

So when people sometimes put fliers or whatever in mailboxes, that's illegal?

I still need to plant about 6 bulbs and put more dirt over the ones i planted in the big flower garden but here are the pictures of some of the bulbs packs i got.View attachment 1201592

Oooohhhh pretty

I went for a walk by the river with husband and dogs. We saw an old dead tree shredded by a bear searching for grubs and a place on one of the trees where you could see claw marks.
I took a picture of the log cabin from the flats near the river. View attachment 1201478
That is a great picture. It is a bit haunting to see the house through the trees.

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom