The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I think technically, but wonder if it's a law?

Yup, but no one enforces it. The contractor thing is new and I have no idea how they're getting away with it.

Hmm, that's interesting

We have a lot of ditch weed around here. Last year I about killed myself, but was at least smart enough to tie off a rope to the gator. All the plants are at the same height, and I knew there was a swale there somewhere. I was hoping to find a safe way in to explore. So I start chopping away and heading in with a machete. Took a step and found a vertical drop off. I figure it's about 50-75 feet, but will eventually find my way in and start clearing it. This thing appears to be fairly level, probably a mile long, 50-75 feet deep and 10-20' wide. I figure if I can repair the walls, get the excess trees out and plant some new trees, this could be a wonderful source of water for my birds.

Wow scary!

Thanks, but I don't siphon, would make DH do it :D I have witnessed him siphon gasoline once :sick
I think you missed the point of the post you quoted. NO sucking on the end of the tube. There is a bulb in the middle of the tube. You squeeze that a few times and it pulls water into the tube and starts the siphon.

So when people sometimes put fliers or whatever in mailboxes, that's illegal?
Absolutely.

I think technically, but wonder if it's a law?
Yes

So, I just scanned the news sites and stories and decided I'd rather read BYC... Is that bad of me?:oops:
Not bad of you at all. No new is good news ... it seems to all be bad.

I think you missed the point of the post you quoted. NO sucking on the end of the tube. There is a bulb in the middle of the tube. You squeeze that a few times and it pulls water into the tube and starts the siphon.

Absolutely.

Yes

Not bad of you at all. No new is good news ... it seems to all be bad.

Does no one enforce it then?

Probably not, just like a lot of laws such as speeding. Though DW's carrier gets pretty pissed when the UPS guy puts packages in a mailbox rather than taking it to the door. She takes them out, brings them back to the PO and the postmaster has to call UPS to let them know where it is.

The UPS drivers are SUPPOSED to know they can't do that. Don't know if the new ones forget to listen during training or figure they can get away with it. They do have a pretty tough job and are pushed harder and harder. First it was bigger trucks, then even bigger trucks; now they have the bigger trucks with trailers! They park the trailer at a business (which I ASSUME has agreed to that) so they can deliver what was packed in the truck, then move everything from the trailer into the truck for the 2nd half of the route.

Probably not, just like a lot of laws such as speeding. Though DW's carrier gets pretty pissed when the UPS guy puts packages in a mailbox rather than taking it to the door. She takes them out, brings them back to the PO and the postmaster has to call UPS to let them know where it is.

The UPS drivers are SUPPOSED to know they can't do that. Don't know if the new ones forget to listen during training or figure they can get away with it. They do have a pretty tough job and are pushed harder and harder. First it was bigger trucks, then even bigger trucks; now they have the bigger trucks with trailers! They park the trailer at a business (which I ASSUME has agreed to that) so they can deliver what was packed in the truck, then move everything from the trailer into the truck for the 2nd half of the route.

I'd probably just leave it if it was me but I guess they do need to know so they can't do it again

And ours the trucks have mostly stayed the same size? No trailers

Don't know if you ever shop there but Landsend has 50% off outerwear till 11:59 pm tonight. They have run that several times and I have bought things often. I am still waiting for an order from last week.

You can just go to Landsend.com and the page today will give code name and number to use. I sign in just as a guest - even though I have bought from them since the 90's.
Since I do online buying this way they aren't supposed to retain billing card info. etc. I think/ hope it eliminates some hacking.

If you have something in your cart and indicate you are still shopping, I was able to run past the deadline for the offer - because my first item was in cart Before 11:59pm.

Their winter wear is very warm and online you can see all they have to offer along with details- if your order after discount is $ 50. or more it ships free. They quarantee your saisfaction and you can return things if you want too, even after you've worn it - if dissatisfied. I am not on their payroll.

I buy from LLbean also, same kind of guarantee but they have free shp. to you- no min.order but, the most they have discounted anything is 25%- most of their stuff is higher $$ than Lands end.

I've gone crazy over down coats/jackets last year & this one. So much lighter and warmer than fleece lined or artificial down. My sister and brother are allergic to feathers, etc. so can't wear it. My son and I do.

At least you could sign up for their emails on sales etc. This year they have had quite a number of 50% off deals, even my brother ordered stuff. Hard for me to resist .
Can't stand people paying full price.

Last edited:
Good afternoon friends :hugs

Why afternoon for a change? Cos we had a release last night and I spent my morning addressing 128 helpdesk tickets :caf I sat down at 7AM and finally got to move out of the chair at 12 midday and yes, I mean that, did not get out of the chair .. boy, did I have to go! :p

Sorry, I am too tired to catch up on everything but I did skim over and it looks like all is well and no dramas, just chit-chat, about which I am pleased.

Loved the sign, picture and garden bed Capricorn and the Ninjabread Man N F C :lau

Back
Top Bottom