The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good Morning Friends :hugs

I got dinner last night! LOL :drool It was hubby’s turn to cook and he was very sweet in that he made something he knew I would like to make up for the previous night :love

Eeeew ronott1 Pork Schnitzel with Pear Chutney :sick ;)

I finally got to have my meet and greet with the new boss. However, it was scheduled via Hang Out at 1PM .. at 1:10PM I was logged in to the Hang Out, still alone, wondering what time etiquette dictated I should give up and hang up. I thought 15 mins was apropos. At 1:12PM I get a virtual room message from him that he is in a workshop and to give him 30mins which would have been 1:42PM.

At 02:40PM he sends me a message saying “How about now, I know you finish at 3PM but I can do now if it suits”. I replied that I actually finish at 03:30PM and yes, now was fine.

So, we finally get to meet and 20mins in to the call, he mentions that someone has come in to his office and could I hold…closely followed by “sorry, I have to go, we will have to reschedule:rolleyes:

Not 1 minute after that, I get a virtual room message from a colleague to advise that our National Manager, Product and Process who is product owner for the new software we have been developing and gradually rolling out for nearly two years has resigned. This is a huge loss and explains why the call got cut short.

In the past few months from the IT Team we have lost:
Chief Technology Officer
National Manager, Product and Process
Projects, Events & Change Manager
Senior Developer
Business Process Coordinator and a
Quality Assurance

:eek:

I got dinner last night! LOL :drool It was hubby’s turn to cook and he was very sweet in that he made something he knew I would like to make up for the previous night :love

Chief Technology Officer
Senior Developer
Quality Assurance

The meal is good. The exodus from the IT Team - not so good.

@Teila I'm sure Ron would have made either a mushroom or hunter sauce for you in lieu of the pear chutney. ;)
Yes!

I made this on Sunday:

Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in Homemade Mushroom Gravy is made with fresh and all
natural, homemade ingredients. No need to use canned cream of soup.

Ingredients
4 Bone-In Pork Chops thin/medium cut
8 oz Cremini Mushrooms Baby Bellas, sliced
1/2 cup Onions sliced
2 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
1 Tablespoon Homemade Seasoned Salt
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/4 cups Chicken Stock/Broth
2 Tablespoons Sherry optional
2 Tablespoons Potato Starch or Cornstarch
Gravy
1 cup Cold Milk
1 Tablespoon Potato Starch or Cornstarch
1 1/2 Tablespoons Butter room temperature
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
Dash of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Rice or Potatoes
See my Pressure Cooker Perfectly Cooked Pot Pot Rice recipe
1 Stainless Steel Long Legged Trivet
Instructions
1. Whisk together Gravy ingredients and set aside.
2. Trim Pork Chops, pat dry and season both sides well with Seasoned Salt.
3. Turn Pressure Cooker to Sauté or Browning and allow to heat. Add the oil to the Pressure Cooker cooking pot
and when hot, sear both sides of Pork Chops, one at a time and then remove to plate. Add Onions and
Sauté for one minute. Add Garlic and Sauté for one more minute, being careful not to let the Garlic burn.
4. Add a splash of Sherry or a bit of the broth to deglaze the cooking pot. Scrape up any brown bits that were
stuck to the bottom. Add the rest of the broth to the cooking pot.
5. Pour in the Gravy mixture and stir until butter is melted. Add in the Mushrooms and Pork Chops, along with
any juice.
6. If making this a One Pot Meal, add the Prepared PIP Rice or potatoes now.
7. Lock lid and close Pressure Valve. Cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes.
8. When Beep sounds, allow a 10 minute natural release.
9. Remove Pork Chops to serving plate. Remove rice/potatoes and trivet.
10. Push the Sauté or Browning button. Remove 1/2 cup of liquid from the cooking pot and add 2 Tablespoons
of Potato Starch or Cornstarch and Whisk really well. Pour into cooking pot and stir to thicken gravy.

:gigDD1 will eat pretty much ANY bean EXCEPT string beans, DD2 will eat ONLY string beans and ONLY if they are raw.

Don't know about that last sentence though. We have a picture of DD1 gnawing on a big rib bone as a 2 Y/O. Now she won't eat off a plate if some meat even touched it.

I agree on the Miracle Whip but that does go back to your last sentence. Hellman's (Best Foods) or forget it ;) I used to work with a guy who would only eat peas if they came from a can :sick but that is what he grew up on.

Hellmans is the only mayo i eat lol or kraft, it's actually pretty good, tried it recently

I had to look up Miracle Whip. We don't have that here.

Apparently some people have more taste buds than others so you can be a super taster, and at the other end of the scale, a non-taster. I'm definitely a super taster. Nothing too extreme for me. And for some reason I do not like corn. I can't even stand popcorn - even the smell. Of course the kids love it so I just have to suck it up and pop some for them!

I do like Schnitzel though and I have a yummy beef one that has ham, cheese and sundried tomato sandwiched in it that I haven't made in ages. I must dig that recipe out. Now I want schnitzel for dinner.

I hate cprn, no taste or nutrition, but loveeee popcorn

Morning! I bet good ol' Amazon would have rat bait.
Thanks for the coffee! I am working outside today, getting ready for the real winter whenever it decides to show up. Everyone is talking about what that might look like up here. This is the latest no snow covering for us since anyone up here can remember.

Been ljke 30s and 40s here, not normal! But 20s or colder at night

I spent the day trying to do things for the bunnies, built a strange enclosure for the rabbit water bottle so it is enclosed but i can see how full it is. It has glass on 2 sides.
Did a little painting on wood for the other bunny cage, will probably work in the shop tonight.

I finally got to have my meet and greet with the new boss. However, it was scheduled via Hang Out at 1PM .. at 1:10PM I was logged in to the Hang Out, still alone, wondering what time etiquette dictated I should give up and hang up. I thought 15 mins was apropos. At 1:12PM I get a virtual room message from him that he is in a workshop and to give him 30mins which would have been 1:42PM.

At 02:40PM he sends me a message saying “How about now, I know you finish at 3PM but I can do now if it suits”. I replied that I actually finish at 03:30PM and yes, now was fine.

So, we finally get to meet and 20mins in to the call, he mentions that someone has come in to his office and could I hold…closely followed by “sorry, I have to go, we will have to reschedule:rolleyes:

Not 1 minute after that, I get a virtual room message from a colleague to advise that our National Manager, Product and Process who is product owner for the new software we have been developing and gradually rolling out for nearly two years has resigned. This is a huge loss and explains why the call got cut short.

Chief Technology Officer
Senior Developer
Quality Assurance

Wow!

I hope you get the team back up soon

Hellmans is the only mayo i eat lol or kraft, it's actually pretty good, tried it recently

I hate cprn, no taste or nutrition, but loveeee popcorn

Been ljke 30s and 40s here, not normal! But 20s or colder at night
Hellman's is Best Foods wast of the Mississippi

Back
Top Bottom