The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

When things go sideways, they need someone to get it fixed.:confused:

We've got to teach you to make mac and cheese from scratch. And there are so many variations, you could spend years trying them all.:old

I suppose that's true but why is anyone working so late to begin with!? Or is it more something happens ad wakes everyone up?

And please do! I love mac and cheese. Have gotten it at a restaurant, a 5 cheese one, and it was delicious, and my aunt makes it at their new year's party every year but it's kind of overrated imo, though still pretty good. Made it once in the cooking class once but it wasnt good

Beats microwave velveeta and kraft or even boxed velveeta (what I made), regular boxrd Kraft, kraft thick and creamy, or even cracker barrel sharp cheddar and bacon (wasnt good, tiny bacon bits, but ate kinda cold too)

Good morning all! Sounds like we will have a windy yucky day today. It’s snowing out but hopefully won’t last long. The dog and cat came home from the vet clinic yesterday. Hattie was so happy to see us she about took the the techs arm off running for us. Hubby had to carry her in to the clinic as she was having nothing to do with a strange place. He had to carry her into the kennel too, poor girl. Sassy the Siamese took it all in stride. Have a good day.

I suppose that's true but why is anyone working so late to begin with!? Or is it more something happens ad wakes everyone up?

And please do! I love mac and cheese. Have gotten it at a restaurant, a 5 cheese one, and it was delicious, and my aunt makes it at their new year's party every year but it's kind of overrated imo, though still pretty good. Made it once in the cooking class once but it wasnt good

Beats microwave velveeta and kraft or even boxed velveeta (what I made), regular boxrd Kraft, kraft thick and creamy, or even cracker barrel sharp cheddar and bacon (wasnt good, tiny bacon bits, but ate kinda cold too)

A lot of places have 24/7 operations... When there's an issue phones ring.

Give this one a try... I like to add some chipolte, red pepper flake and some smoked gouda. Once you're developed your bechamel sauce, you've got a blank slate... Pick cheeses you like and go for it. If adding veg, saute them while making the bechamel as in Rachel's, except for things like spinach and kale.

I finally got to have my meet and greet with the new boss. However, it was scheduled via Hang Out at 1PM .. at 1:10PM I was logged in to the Hang Out, still alone, wondering what time etiquette dictated I should give up and hang up. I thought 15 mins was apropos. At 1:12PM I get a virtual room message from him that he is in a workshop and to give him 30mins which would have been 1:42PM.

At 02:40PM he sends me a message saying “How about now, I know you finish at 3PM but I can do now if it suits”. I replied that I actually finish at 03:30PM and yes, now was fine.

So, we finally get to meet and 20mins in to the call, he mentions that someone has come in to his office and could I hold…closely followed by “sorry, I have to go, we will have to reschedule:rolleyes:

Not 1 minute after that, I get a virtual room message from a colleague to advise that our National Manager, Product and Process who is product owner for the new software we have been developing and gradually rolling out for nearly two years has resigned. This is a huge loss and explains why the call got cut short.

In the past few months from the IT Team we have lost:
Chief Technology Officer
National Manager, Product and Process
Projects, Events & Change Manager
Senior Developer
Business Process Coordinator and a
Quality Assurance

:eek:
Typical on the meeting pushouts. Also not a particularly good way to make people feel they are important to you. Like taking a "call waiting", just rude. Technology isn't always good.

Things aren't going well when the top dogs leave. They know things that the underlings do not.

Wonder why they would have two names? Taxes?
They were two separate companies a long time ago. I think the recipes were pretty similar and one company bought the other. Best way to keep your customer base is to keep the name they know. I suspect very few people ever knew the difference, or cared, as long as the product was the same. It did change a little but not significantly, don't remember which one though.

Isn't that stuff illegal? Owning/treating them liek that? I thought time off was required?
Salaried means "as much time as it takes to get the "job" done. It also means the "job" can be increased in scope, deadline brought in, etc. Can you push back? Sure ... if you want to find another job. Where I worked you got vacation and you worked at least that much overtime before/after the vacation to get the job done.

As @rjohns39 said, lots of places are 24x7. Also international. YOU might be asleep at 2 AM Eastern US time but @Teila and @JaeG aren't ;)

Good morning all! Sounds like we will have a windy yucky day today. It’s snowing out but hopefully won’t last long. The dog and cat came home from the vet clinic yesterday. Hattie was so happy to see us she about took the the techs arm off running for us. Hubby had to carry her in to the clinic as she was having nothing to do with a strange place. He had to carry her into the kennel too, poor girl. Sassy the Siamese took it all in stride. Have a good day.
Congratulations on getting theme back from the vet!

Never touched Mac & cheese, the fat mac looked like fat worms to me - no thank you.

My son liked it as a kid - :confused:

I suppose they do sort of ha

Awww

A lot of places have 24/7 operations... When there's an issue phones ring.

Give this one a try... I like to add some chipolte, red pepper flake and some smoked gouda. Once you're developed your bechamel sauce, you've got a blank slate... Pick cheeses you like and go for it. If adding veg, saute them while making the bechamel as in Rachel's, except for things like spinach and kale.

That makes sense. And thanks I'll try it

Typical on the meeting pushouts. Also not a particularly good way to make people feel they are important to you. Like taking a "call waiting", just rude. Technology isn't always good.

Things aren't going well when the top dogs leave. They know things that the underlings do not.

They were two separate companies a long time ago. I think the recipes were pretty similar and one company bought the other. Best way to keep your customer base is to keep the name they know. I suspect very few people ever knew the difference, or cared, as long as the product was the same. It did change a little but not significantly, don't remember which one though.

Salaried means "as much time as it takes to get the "job" done. It also means the "job" can be increased in scope, deadline brought in, etc. Can you push back? Sure ... if you want to find another job. Where I worked you got vacation and you worked at least that much overtime before/after the vacation to get the job done.

As @rjohns39 said, lots of places are 24x7. Also international. YOU might be asleep at 2 AM Eastern US time but @Teila and @JaeG aren't ;)

That makes sense, lots of companies buy each other

That sounds awful! I guess you're getting paid for a reason though. I don't think I'd want that job though.

See, this is why it's good there's older, wiser people on this thread... I never thought of that. Embarrassingly enough.

Good day everyone! Another sunny day and it has made it up above freezing. My cabbages, cauliflower, peas and carrots are still hanging in there!
My rabbits chewed their way out of the cardboard box and were running around in the back of the Mule! Good thing it is in the garage. I need to finish off this cage.
20171212_210232.jpg
20171212_210215.jpg

Back
Top Bottom