The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Isn't that stuff illegal? Owning/treating them liek that? I thought time off was required?
Not for Salary workers. There are two types of workers in General, Hourly and Salary.

Independent contractors are a bit different but are still either hourly or salary. Salary workers do not have the overtime protection that hourly workers have

Not for Salary workers. There are two types of workers in General, Hourly and Salary.

Independent contractors are a bit different but are still either hourly or salary. Salary workers do not have the overtime protection that hourly workers have

Wow that is ridiculous!

I would just not answer my phone if I was on vacation, not be scared enough to go to another country, though sometimes you're not scared but its simply necessary. But yeah.

I'd probably get fired but ehhh

Yep, for sure, you could not pay me enough to tackle that kind of stress. That is just one of the reasons those people mentioned have left .. stress! dealing with board members and business owner expectations! 4AM and weekend phone calls! etc .. pass :hmm

Been there and got the T-Shirt. 6-20 hour days per week... Took a $40K pay cut to get back to a normal job.

:yuckyuck:lau:lau:lau:gig:gig:gig:yuckyuck

Isn't that stuff illegal? Owning/treating them liek that? I thought time off was required?

Not when you're in management or worse yet, the program director. On call 24/7. I loved my last job even though it grew into 5-6 12 hour days. Unlike the prior one, I got breaks. If I took a call from a customer at 7-8 at night, I'd send a note letting all know I'd be taking a break after morning meetings. Only issue I had was the call between 2&4 am... My standard phrase was: "give me 15 minutes to get some coffee" and I thought that quite reasonable—but could never go back to sleep before my 5 am wake up.:rant

Been there and got the T-Shirt. 6-20 hour days per week... Took a $40K pay cut to get back to a normal job.

:yuckyuck:lau:lau:lau:gig:gig:gig:yuckyuck

Not when you're in management or worse yet, the program director. On call 24/7. I loved my last job even though it grew into 5-6 12 hour days. Unlike the prior one, I got breaks. If I took a call from a customer at 7-8 at night, I'd send a note letting all know I'd be taking a break after morning meetings. Only issue I had was the call between 2&4 am... My standard phrase was: "give me 15 minutes to get some coffee" and I thought that quite reasonable—but could never go back to sleep before my 5 am wake up.:rant

Wow that sounds absolutely awful!! And why would they call so early???

Cookies, anyone?

Sorry, ate all in the first pictures (made last night) but i made new ones (last two).

First is this kind, second is just the roll.

20171211_194645.jpg

20171211_200653.jpg

20171211_200707.jpg

20171211_201813.jpg

Tonight's

20171212_220810.jpg

20171212_223447.jpg

Wow that sounds absolutely awful!! And why would they call so early???

When things go sideways, they need someone to get it fixed.:confused:

Also have Velveeta mac and cheese or Kraft

We've got to teach you to make mac and cheese from scratch. And there are so many variations, you could spend years trying them all.:old

Back
Top Bottom