The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Your goats are gorgeous, how have you kept it to only four, I have fourteen, at least I think that's the correct number.

We used to have 4 more (1 adult female and 3 kids) but sold them last year.

Love that picture and your goat tower! Very nice.

Yesterday we finally broke the 5-0-5-0 egg laying pattern and got 6 eggs!
wee.gif
Slowly coming out of the long molt/winter slow down. YAY! I think it was either one of the BRs or the little SS (Peanut) that decided she'd had enough time off.

Anyone else seeing a bump in eggs recently?

Yesterday we finally broke the 5-0-5-0 egg laying pattern and got 6 eggs! :weee  Slowly coming out of the long molt/winter slow down. YAY! I think it was either one of the BRs or the little SS (Peanut) that decided she'd had enough time off.

Anyone else seeing a bump in eggs recently?

:highfive:

I have one more that has come back into lay :woot
Still not very good as I have 14 that should be laying but only 4 of them are!! Still have 10 freeloaders out there :he

I do just love them :love

I'm afraid no luck yet on finding a Tolbunt roo but I'm still looking!! I'm hoping to be setting eggs for the Easter hatch a long so if I've not found one a couple of weeks of before setting time I'm going to buy some hatching eggs and hopefully hatch him out myself. You watch though I more than likely won't find any hatching egg either :/ If not I'm going to go with another colour. Not sure what though :idunno

Great photo, love the goat "gym". I never realized folks pampered their goats, just like we do our chickens
wink.png

Y'all are making me want goats - but I am sure the care and upkeep takes a lot of time.

They are fab to keep @sunflour We had one at the farm where I keep the horse a few years back. That's when my love for them started. We hand reared her as her mother passed away shortly after giving birth. She was so stinking cute and thought she was dog!! She played with the dogs there and just roamed about with them when they were out loose on the yard. Trained her to walk on the lead too which was bonus when trying to get her to bed on a night.
Can't wait to get some in the future :D

Based on my experience with goats, they really don't take more time or trouble than the chickens. Maybe even less (I spend way more time with the birds). Although, I have to say, there's something absolutely lovable about a tiny kid sleeping on your lap on a nice summer afternoon. And when the kids play together, it's almost as good as chicken tv.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom