The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I HATE asparagus, so gross lol

Love all melons and berries or most berries, blackberries it depends if they're good ones ha

There is a blueberry festival up in Maine that I have been meaning to go to. I only found out about it maybe last year or two years ago. I'm not sure how big it is but seems pretty decent sized and they have pies and all sorts of stuff.

It might be fun to go to. Maybe this year.

I HATE asparagus, so gross lol

Love all melons and berries or most berries, blackberries it depends if they're good ones ha

There is a blueberry festival up in Maine that I have been meaning to go to. I only found out about it maybe last year or two years ago. I'm not sure how big it is but seems pretty decent sized and they have pies and all sorts of stuff.

It might be fun to go to. Maybe this year.
Festivals are very fun! I went to a Strawberry festival in Sacramento one time. Loved it!

Fresh ones look like a lot of work for not much return.
Yep, that would be the case. You individually scrape only the inside of the outer "leaves" (they are actually flower petals) with your teeth. You can eat most of the more tender inner leaves and the heart after you cut out the spiny center leaves. We dip the leaf end in mayo (Hellman's of course ;)), some people use clarified butter but that it way to oily for me.

Had a lady at the grocery store once ask me what an artichoke tastes like as I was selecting some. Um, just HOW do you describe it? Can't really say "sort of like (something she might know)". Describing cooking them can be fun too. We put them in the pressure cooker because they take FOREVER otherwise. They are done when the steam smells right. Now describe THAT to someone!

Yep, that would be the case. You individually scrape only the inside of the outer "leaves" (they are actually flower petals) with your teeth. You can eat most of the more tender inner leaves and the heart after you cut out the spiny center leaves. We dip the leaf end in mayo (Hellman's of course ;)), some people use clarified butter but that it way to oily for me.

Had a lady at the grocery store once ask me what an artichoke tastes like as I was selecting some. Um, just HOW do you describe it? Can't really say "sort of like (something she might know)". Describing cooking them can be fun too. We put them in the pressure cooker because they take FOREVER otherwise. They are done when the steam smells right. Now describe THAT to someone!
Love it!

Now you can tell the to use You Tube!

I love the pressure cooker cooking description! It sounds like my Mom's recipes.

One step for making frosting said "beat like Mad". It did not say with electric beaters...that was assumed....

If you ever get the chance to do some traveling Kelsie, give it a shot. There's a big old world out there and some interesting things to see & do.

Very true. I've been some places just not that many. I've never been west of the Mississippi for instance. Actually, I don't think I've ever even been west of the Great Lakes haha

I'm in Massachusetts and have been to all of the New England states, most quite a bit, (although I think I've only passed through Connecticut to get to NY). Been to Florida a bunch cause we used to go for April Vacation a lot plus I was born there and lived there almost 2 years but I haven't been in a while. And of course I don't remember living there. I went to Atlanta and NJ once but only for layovers so I don't think it counts cause we stayed in the airport. I've been to NY and PA a lot because my mom has family in Erie so we used to drive out practically every year and then I went to college out there for like a year and a semester hah and I've visited friends in Pittsburgh. I've been to NYC only a couple times and driven through the other parts a lot. I don't think I've ever been to Ohio but idk? I've been to Niagra Falls both the American and Canadian side and Buffalo, NY. I've been to Canada a few times, I think once or twice for Niagara Falls, and another for some other reason. But never been to Western Canada, only to Quebec and Niagara area. I've been to the Bahamas I think at least 2 or 3 times. We used to go there for vacations too, mostly around Atlantis.

Besides that, that's really it hah

My brothers have been out West like New Mexico and stuff for Boy Scouts, my younger brother went to DC once for the National Jamboree, lots of scout trips. And that brother also went to southeast Asia last year too. Thailand, Cambodia, and I forget where else. I think China briefly. Oh and they've both been to Italy for high school trips with Latin. Once each. I'm not sure if my younger brother went. I think he did. My older brother has been on a few cruises with his geology job/other scientists. He went to the Mid Atlantic Ridge a few years ago. But it's not like a luxury cruise like you think of when you hear cruise lol it was on a research vessel but still. And last year he went to Europe to Paris and I forget where else maybe Italy or Spain? He had a conference and his girlfriend went too after the conference ended. He also went to California and Hawaii. I forget where in California but also for work.

So they both go all over but not me lol

Oh and my brother just went to New Orleans recently and he's going to South America soon but I forget what country. The younger one loves travelling.

And my dad travels for work a lot. And my mom used to travel a ton with her family. Although that was camping and roadtrips in a station wagon with 4 kids and all the stuff lol but still

I need to travel more haha

I went to Europe when i was in HS. A great adventure!

I've always wanted to go to Europe! Ireland too

Very true. I've been some places just not that many. I've never been west of the Mississippi for instance. Actually, I don't think I've ever even been west of the Great Lakes haha

I'm in Massachusetts and have been to all of the New England states, most quite a bit, (although I think I've only passed through Connecticut to get to NY). Been to Florida a bunch cause we used to go for April Vacation a lot plus I was born there and lived there almost 2 years but I haven't been in a while. And of course I don't remember living there. I went to Atlanta and NJ once but only for layovers so I don't think it counts cause we stayed in the airport. I've been to NY and PA a lot because my mom has family in Erie so we used to drive out practically every year and then I went to college out there for like a year and a semester hah and I've visited friends in Pittsburgh. I've been to NYC only a couple times and driven through the other parts a lot. I don't think I've ever been to Ohio but idk? I've been to Niagra Falls both the American and Canadian side and Buffalo, NY. I've been to Canada a few times, I think once or twice for Niagara Falls, and another for some other reason. But never been to Western Canada, only to Quebec and Niagara area. I've been to the Bahamas I think at least 2 or 3 times. We used to go there for vacations too, mostly around Atlantis.

Besides that, that's really it hah

My brothers have been out West like New Mexico and stuff for Boy Scouts, my younger brother went to DC once for the National Jamboree, lots of scout trips. And that brother also went to southeast Asia last year too. Thailand, Cambodia, and I forget where else. I think China briefly. Oh and they've both been to Italy for high school trips with Latin. Once each. I'm not sure if my younger brother went. I think he did. My older brother has been on a few cruises with his geology job/other scientists. He went to the Mid Atlantic Ridge a few years ago. But it's not like a luxury cruise like you think of when you hear cruise lol it was on a research vessel but still. And last year he went to Europe to Paris and I forget where else maybe Italy or Spain? He had a conference and his girlfriend went too after the conference ended. He also went to California and Hawaii. I forget where in California but also for work.

So they both go all over but not me lol

Oh and my brother just went to New Orleans recently and he's going to South America soon but I forget what country. The younger one loves travelling.

And my dad travels for work a lot. And my mom used to travel a ton with her family. Although that was camping and roadtrips in a station wagon with 4 kids and all the stuff lol but still

I need to travel more haha

I've always wanted to go to Europe! Ireland too
I do not travel too much either. I have been to the local States and Canada though

Back
Top Bottom