The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Morning all :frow

Woke up to snow on the ground but won't complain, we need more moisture.

@CapricornFarm hope you're feeling better today :hugs Cute quail babies.

@Teila what a lot of rain! Any signs of the storm moving away before long?

@JaeG sorry to hear your DD is under the weather too, hope she's better soon.

@drumstick diva crazy doctor, using you for a guinea pig. Do you have a better doc now?
Thanks NFC, but this virus is not done with me yet. I am tired of IT already, aching all over.

Sounds like here. No visible snow for 3 weeks, then 1.6 weeks ago got about 18" over a few days. Had to blow the parking area twice on Thursday and again on Friday. The alpacas and chickens are not impressed with this change.

Supposed to be above freezing today and again tomorrow, staying there until really early Sat morning. Could see some rain Wednesday BUT if it cools off even a little, it will be snow.

1.6 weeks? Very specific!

You want winter back? Everyone...KD is sick again!!:plbb

LOL I realized after I said it how much I DON'T want winter back with how warm and sunny it's been! I love spring! So I am very happy atm. :D

BUT.

I really do miss the winters we used to get where we had snow on the ground all winter long. I don't miss the below freezing temps, especially the 10s or teens, or 20s, associated with it, but we used to have snow all winter long. Every storm was usually a foot or more. I loved to sled and stuff as a kid. I could be remembering wrong but the past few years it has been VERY mild, with only a few snow storms here and there, but then it melts. And it's a foot or less. From what I recall, it wouldn't melt until spring because there'd be so much snow that even when it melted, there was still a foot base of hard pack or at least a few inches. If there was a dog toy or sled or glove or something left outside and it snowed again, well, you just knew you wouldn't be seeing that again until spring when the snow melts.

I don't like warm winters.

Maybe I'm weird lol

I mean, sure, I appreciate it being warmer and nice and being able to be outside, but to me that is not winter. If it is going to be winter, I want it to be REAL winter lol

I love snow and it is very pretty and I like it.

I don't like the cold or short days though. If I could have the pretty snow with no cold and longer days, I'd be very happy lol

It's easy DD, you just type an @ then start typing the person's screen name. The options will pop up and you click on the right one. Of course if you type it all out it is easy to "choose" ;) But you DO need to click on the pop up name, not just type it all out.

So for @Alaskan to get the link Jae posted ... well, there will be an alert for him/her because of the beginning of this line.
Maybe. You can turn alerts off for that and other things.

1.6 weeks? Very specific!

LOL I realized after I said it how much I DON'T want winter back with how warm and sunny it's been! I love spring! So I am very happy atm. :D

BUT.

I really do miss the winters we used to get where we had snow on the ground all winter long. I don't miss the below freezing temps, especially the 10s or teens, or 20s, associated with it, but we used to have snow all winter long. Every storm was usually a foot or more. I loved to sled and stuff as a kid. I could be remembering wrong but the past few years it has been VERY mild, with only a few snow storms here and there, but then it melts. And it's a foot or less. From what I recall, it wouldn't melt until spring because there'd be so much snow that even when it melted, there was still a foot base of hard pack or at least a few inches. If there was a dog toy or sled or glove or something left outside and it snowed again, well, you just knew you wouldn't be seeing that again until spring when the snow melts.

I don't like warm winters.

Maybe I'm weird lol

I mean, sure, I appreciate it being warmer and nice and being able to be outside, but to me that is not winter. If it is going to be winter, I want it to be REAL winter lol

I love snow and it is very pretty and I like it.

I don't like the cold or short days though. If I could have the pretty snow with no cold and longer days, I'd be very happy lol
Two words ... Global warming. We had loads of snow in the 50s and 60s in NY state.

Back
Top Bottom