The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I got to dye my own eggs this year. Last year I bought white ones.
5C9AEA2A-2EA0-4FAF-AA7C-C44CA8BD7DF5.jpeg
These are pictures my sister painted for my hubby...one for the shop and one for the house.
796663D1-B2E6-46AD-9E46-9EACCF25E274.jpeg
747C6AEB-5D48-495B-B2E7-7860C49E3341.jpeg

She brought me a gorgeous Orchid also...which I’ll probably kill:hmm
E2270F12-3B3A-4AE0-AEBF-050D91517ED7.jpeg

I get them all the time. With Ken being the Grand Secretary for Council and Chapter and Deputy Grand Master for Wyoming, we almost have to answer calls from unfamiliar numbers now, and 90% of the time it really is Masonic stuff. But that other 10%!! GRRR! And they use Wyoming area codes, too, which makes it so hard to decide whether to pick up or not.

One number became kinda familiar. Caller ID would say it was from Powell, WY, but it was really a dude telling me that my computer was infected with some horrendous virus and they could fix it by accessing my computer remotely. No, it's not my computer that has a horrendous virus, it's my PHONE at the moment.

Anyway, a call came in and I recognized it. So I picked it up and in my most bored, professional secretary's voice I said,

"You've reached the Federal Bureau of Investigations' Fraud Division. If you know your party's extension, please......................" Click. Never got another call from that number.

I'm wiggling too! Keep us posted, both you and @JaeG, on your hatches.

Gotta tell you this, and if you've seen it on another thread I apologize but it's so cool! When your little girl can't attend the annual town Easter Egg Hunt, the town brings the Easter Egg hunt to the little girl! It's 18 degrees and snowing like crazy. It's just impossible to expect Kendra to sit in her wheelchair and take part - not running around she gets so cold. Kenny and Jenny were going to make a quick Walmart run this morning, and when they stepped out of their door, they saw their yard full of blue and white flags with Kendra's name on them and Easter Eggs at the base of the flags. I know the photos stink, but they were just captures during a Facetime chat. They did this last year, during a much warmer Easter Egg hunt, at the grounds where the rest of the kids were hunting just so Kendra and another little girl who has some disabilities could join in the fun, so I'll bet Taylor's yard was full of pink and green flags this morning too. The town brought the Easter Egg hunt to Kendra before the big hunt started. And this, folks, is why I'll leave Cowley when they take me out in a box!

View attachment 1318965
Kendra reaching for flag with her constant shadow, Katie, behind her.

View attachment 1318966
This is just a small sampling of the flags and eggs planted! They were all over the place! The snow hadn't started sticking to the grass yet, although it darn sure is now, but these flags were all over the place!
Omg! What an incredible community!

A fellow at work answers those and does a flip and tries to sell them something, they always hang up and bet ya they remove him from their call lists :lau

Wish you had some pics of yours.

Ok, you can dye brown eggs - View attachment 1318903

And they don't really take so long to do. I used 1 tablespoon of vinegar in each 1 cup of hot water. The black one was the first try - thought I needed a lot of food color and overdid the blue ( blue won't work) - added a few splashes of others and got a black egg :cool:...Red is easy, Greens are all olive unless you use a lot of green dye. The pink one was an experiment in yellow ( should have left it that lovely bronze color) - then in red, a try at purple...wiped it all off and back to the red and a lovely pinkish color :)

The scratches are from too much manipulation with a teaspoon instead of letting them just rest in the dye cups :idunno
They look great! Vinegar is very important for getting the dye to penetrate the egg

@Blooie how wonderful for Kendra and that the people of Cowley do things like that!

@DigMyChicks your sister is so talented, great signs! Your eggs are pretty, almost makes me sorry I'm not making any (almost :lol:). As for the mashed potatoes, I just make them as usual but add a big (big!) glob of sour cream to them and lots of sautéed garlic. Can't give you exact measurements because when I did it last year, it was for a group of about 20 people.

@Blooie how wonderful for Kendra and that the people of Cowley do things like that!

@DigMyChicks your sister is so talented, great signs! Your eggs are pretty, almost makes me sorry I'm not making any (almost :lol:). As for the mashed potatoes, I just make them as usual but add a big (big!) glob of sour cream to them and lots of sautéed garlic. Can't give you exact measurements because when I did it last year, it was for a group of about 20 people.
Thank you! That’s kind of what I do too but minced dry garlic and butter also.

we almost have to answer calls from unfamiliar numbers now, and 90% of the time it really is Masonic stuff. But that other 10%!! GRRR!
HEY!!!! I'm one of those 10%, I thought you liked me :(

As for the mashed potatoes, I just make them as usual but add a big (big!) glob of sour cream to them and lots of sautéed garlic.
I expect the sour cream takes the place of some of the milk or butter.
I would gladly eat that. But of course DD2 (the only other member of the family that will/can) eat mashed potatoes would likely give me a :sick face if I put it on her plate. And then she wouldn't eat it.

Love the signs, and I’d probably kill the orchid faster than you would!
I'll take odds I can do it faster than you! I had one once, yeah it died. I probably watered it too much, or not enough, or both at various times.

Back
Top Bottom