The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone!

Just a funny little thought to share...
Quotes 288.jpg

I'm sure the birds and pigs are enjoying them! I never feel like eggs are going to waste when the animals get them, they deserve a treat too.
I talked to the guy who got out of poultry, he has his customers in square, but he's not willing to introduce me to them... He's still not sharing why he quit poultry and pork but I suspect it had to do with his store. The challenge here is that you can't legally sell at a farmers market without an egg license, unless you own the market. I know many that do sell at local markets without an egg license, but that's just too much risk for me.

I make it following prudome's recipe, but would buy up extra when it went on sale after st patty's day and can it. I also dehydrate my extra root veg, so all I need is fresh cabbage and onion and I can have a new england boiled dinner anytime of year.

I'm very interested in How Ron likes it. I've got a half dozen friends who've tried it and there doesn't appear to be any middle ground... They either love it or hate it. My DS swears by them.
Oh! I have one Prudhome (sp) cook book. Love love love the veal with Cajun fettuccine.

I talked to the guy who got out of poultry, he has his customers in square, but he's not willing to introduce me to them... He's still not sharing why he quit poultry and pork but I suspect it had to do with his store. The challenge here is that you can't legally sell at a farmers market without an egg license, unless you own the market. I know many that do sell at local markets without an egg license, but that's just too much risk for me.

Same issue here with egg selling restrictions. I can only legally sell them right at the farm ("farm gate sales"). My DH brings them to his work - but I'm only selling three doz/week right now.
Still not quite sure why this guy won't share some info? Did I miss something or has he provided no clues?

Back
Top Bottom