The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hello everybody! I am still alive. All the prep work is done and we are about to start painting (if my perfectionist of a DH will actually let me help)! :celebrate

I've seen a property I'm quite keen on and I'm hoping it will stick around until we are ready. It didn't sell at auction so fingers crossed. It's a big, red barn that is a house. Our son loves it because his favourite colour is red, and he really wants stairs in our house for some reason, and this place has stairs up to the bedrooms. I'm not so keen on vacuuming stairs but we'll see. Have to whip this place into shape first.

Last Saturday was my niece's birthday and we all went to a place called Sheepworld up in North Auckland (took an hour and a half to get there, and longer to get home because of congestion on the motorway - Auckland traffic is the worst because no thought was put into public transport and now they are trying to play catch-up yet squeezing in as many houses as they can because it's where everyone wants to be). It was nice being up where it's just farms and bush though, so driving back into suburbia was horrible really.

Anyway, the show at Sheepworld was pretty boring, especially for kids. We were the first to go into the place they do the show and they had the two farm dogs tied up there waiting to do their bit. They were so gorgeous so of course we patted them. DH loved the Huntaway (developed here to work in the bush/over rough country to make the sheep gather together for safety by using their big bark to make them think a predator's about). Anyway, then we sat down to wait for it to start and one of the people doing the show came in and put up a sign saying "Please don't pat the dogs". :lau

There were some animals to feed and pat afterwards, though nothing was signposted very well at all (I have no idea what breeds of sheep they had there and for a place called 'Sheepworld' there really weren't many sheep). Some animals were downright grumpy (like the pony who banged his hoof on the bottom fence rail to demand food) but I did love the friendly deer and emu. There was one deer I could've put in the car and brought home - she was a sweetie who just enjoyed being patted. The emu were very polite about taking food as well, though they were always watching the bag of food to see if it came close enough to grab!

I haven't caught up on everyone else's news so I'll go do that quickly. Hope everyone is healthy and happy though!

Good Morning Friends :hugs

Aaaw gees Debby could they stuff it up any more than they already have?? :he

Blooie what a beautiful memory and story! :love

Kelsey I believe that poopy butts and eggs is a sign of worms.

Jae good to see you are still alive ;) The property sounds nice; Sheepworld, not so much :p

Remember our Sun Bird nest? We have at least one baby! :clap

Other than that .. again, I got nuff’n :idunno

My garden is greening up. 20180508_173107.jpg

And you can see at the top the chicken tractor we brought down from the chicken yard for my new SS.

Went to the dentist today and he said one front tooth crown etc. is badly infected and I need to treat and then have it pulled. He said he wants to do a permanent bridge for me. He says the insurance co. wants a temporary one??? I asked "then they won't pay for it?" He said yes they will Bull, he once did a filling with the wrong stuff and they only paid 25% instead of 50.:hit

I wonder if I could start up "A go fund me for a bridge?"

Back
Top Bottom