The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I do remember Walgreen's, Kresge's and Woolworth's having lunch counters. One of my favorite memories of Ma was that Woolworth's lunch counter.

Once upon a time, before agoraphobia hit Ma so hard, she was a shopper. Loved to spend the day perusing downtown Sioux Falls. She never learned to drive a car, so a taxi was our usual transportation. Sometimes Dad would take her with him as he headed back to work after lunch, drop her off at the State Theater, then pick her up there when he got off at 5 - well, Ma and whichever of the kids was going with her.

Ma and I had to go downtown to find my wedding dress. Funds were limited - extremely limited - and we didn't have a lot of time since the wedding was in a week. I didn't even find out until years later that Dad sold his shotgun just to give her those limited funds. So we didn't get to hit the fancier formal apparel stores like Fantle's, but we shopped until our feet were about to fall off. And holy smokes it was snowing hard and cold!! Believe it or not we found my wedding dress and veil at Woolworth's, and the shoes to go with it. The dress was expensive at $42.00 and the shoes were $7.00, but Ma would still have a little money left over. While I tried on the dress, which fit like it was made for me, she ordered some lunch for us. After she ordered, I modeled the dress for her, hoping and praying she'd like it as much as I did. She came over to stand in front of the dressing room and gently touched my face, not saying a word, then had me twirl around right there in the store so she could see the whole thing.

I'm sure it was a combination of how grown-up and beautiful I felt in that dress with my first ever high heels, that special shopping day with Ma, and how soft her smile was when I came out of that dressing room that made that shared hot beef sandwich, fries and strawberry malt the best meal I've ever eaten. We ate at the counter, laughing and talking while the clerk wrapped up my future in paper and a big brown Woolworth's bag. She cried a little but got over that quickly, then gave me my one bit of marital advice, "Love can't grow without respect."

Then we bought my brother two guppies and left.
:love

Yup. Only read the sue Grafton one. Not the best written. I read that series as a "light" read after reading something with a lot more weight.

Do you happen to remember any of it? I have to make a chart of clues, suspects, and detective characteristics and I haven't finished it yet. Most of the older ones have tons of info but the newer ones really don't. :/

I of course remember parts of what we discussed in class and what I read so I remember her characteristics and most of the suspects (plus she lists them in the book hah) but I, of course, can't really remember specific clues. Probably not too big of a deal and I probably have "enough" info but my other charts have tons of detail. I would like to be able to write more for it but of course I need to read it to dp that. I know it's my own fault but I alsp have a test tomorrow and an essay due and tomorrow is my last day

Do you happen to remember any of it? I have to make a chart of clues, suspects, and detective characteristics and I haven't finished it yet. Most of the older ones have tons of info but the newer ones really don't. :/

I of course remember parts of what we discussed in class and what I read so I remember her characteristics and most of the suspects (plus she lists them in the book hah) but I, of course, can't really remember specific clues. Probably not too big of a deal and I probably have "enough" info but my other charts have tons of detail. I would like to be able to write more for it but of course I need to read it to dp that. I know it's my own fault but I alsp have a test tomorrow and an essay due and tomorrow is my last day
Sadly no. It was years ago that I read it. I also tend not to take away much from my light reads.

Sadly no. It was years ago that I read it. I also tend not to take away much from my light reads.

Ahh that makes sense. Well thanks anyway :)

I am having my mom read it as she is a fast reader haha and I might skim it.

I should have read it, of course, but I think it's too late now

I know that BYC is a great place to visit but....
Nuff said

Yeah I definitely spent too much time on my phone in general. Here, Twitter, Facebook, gamea, etc. Or spending time doing animals or garden stuff, I tend to find ways to procrastinate or misuse time or time somehow gets away from me then suddenly it's hours later.

Even right now though I suppose I'm wasting time and this is a prime example so gotta go haha

Anyone know why I'd be getting a poopy egg? It's only this hen. I could understand the occasional poopy egg in the old set up as it was small and semi muddy but this one they've only been in a week and the nestboxes are perfectly clean. No other hen has this issue. Yet hers are not only a little poop but covered in it fairly consistently.

But the other weird thing is a bunch of them have poopy butts but yet no other eggs are dirty since being in the new coop.

I noticed maybe a few months ago some had white on their butts, like dried poop, and I eventually looked closer and discovered most of them had a lot more poop, like actual poop, stuck closer but not clogging the vent. I tried to wipe it off one but it was so much and dried on. They seem to have gotten a little better being able to actually dust bathe all day every day but I do still plan on giving them each an epsom salt bath and maybe a dose of oil or ACV or something. Forget the exact treatment plan I read, have it bookmarked.

ANYWAY.

I feel like awful chicken parent for leaving them like that but I have been so busy with school and taking 4 classes that I haven't had the time to give them all a bath. And since it was not totally blocking the vent, the eggs are clean, and none are acting sick, I figured it can wait.

But now I am done after this week and should be able to give them the bath maybe this weekend.

But that is the other weird thing, they are all acting 100% normal. So it's VERY weird.

Although I'm only getting 4 eggs a day atm, not sure if that's normal? Out of 7.

I was thinking of worming them but don't want to do so unnecessarily or have to deal with the egg withdrawal period and throw good eggs away. But I will if necessary.

But it's just so frustrating because, like I said, they are all acting healthy and mostluy laying so it makes it very hard to diagnose and treat!

I just want my girls to be happy and healthy and this is upsetting me. They have never in two and a half years been sick except maybe for leg mites which I treated and am going to treat again just to be sure. But they're never sick.

And now all of a sudden they get poopy bums and poopy eggs but yet act healthy..... a real mystery.

Please help. :(

View attachment 1378951 View attachment 1378952
Look up vent gleet.

Back
Top Bottom