The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

my type of person. we had old white ash trees in our pasture until the , i think it was, emerald boers went thru and also had a couple in our yard, the boers killed them and now whenever we get a bad wind, we lose a couple , the one right in the front yard we had to have taken down so it wouldn't come down on the house , but it really upsets me to lose these old massive trees, we still have one old oak tree that so far is still alive but has a hole in the center, thats why husband wanted a new log splitter, at least they will keep us warm for awhile, but would rather had the trees still alive:hit
First thing i do when i move in a new place is plant more trees! Here i planted fruit trees.

When "Tree Zilla," massive 45 year old Sycamore tree was taken down $ 2420. would have been $130 more to have the stump ground. Too muchsky bucksky but the stump keeps sending up babies- extremely thick and fast growing babies. I have to keep culling.
Tree was dying from inside out from disease & leaves smaller each year.

It was a sapling when I planted - K-Mart special for $ 7.87. Never grew babies or spread junk like maples- that have seed pod helicopters that grow on shingled roofs - minus soil.

Back
Top Bottom