The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Oh yes, thanks for asking. I'm working the salt a few hours today to make up for my time off yesterday, but I decided I'm not driving 80 miles round trip for lunch with my coworkers. I love em, but no. It's an hour drive each way in traffic and I have beans going into the oven for dinner that I can't leave unattended.
This afternoon I can clean up the yard and coop and chill with the chickens, which is much more enjoyable.:)

I'd rather hang out with the birds too instead of co-workers! Enjoy your slower day IM :D

Good morning. Hope that you all have a beautiful day. Sunny and a bit cool here, but there is no wind. No major projects for today so once the frost burns off I will head to the beagle club. I fed rabbits yesterday so don't even need to do that. I'll just commune with nature and work a few dogs.

Surprise, we're not having any wind at the moment either! Although it's supposed to start snowing around noon and keep it up until midnight.

Have fun at the beagle club Sour!

:frow Neighbors

We have a zero percent chance of snow until evening. I guess that is why it is flurrying.

Seems pretty old to still not be laying!! Do you think it's partly breed?
Likely, I've not had a Golden Campine before. Trill, the 2017 Barnevelder was a late starter (29+ weeks) as was the 2017 Welsummer Betty (over 30 weeks, Veronica started at 24+). Betty died this past spring so we got a new Betty in April. Hopefully she will live longer.

My EEs have never been winter layers other than their pullet winter. MOST of mine of any breed have not been winter layers after their first.

Other than the alpacas pooping in the barn, how do you like raising them Bruce?
They are basically "yard art". They weren't handled as youngsters by their original owners and are friendly only to the point of wanting their maintenance and sweet feed pellets.

But daylight hours will be increasing in another 2 weeks or so...maybe start to see more soon
:wee more sunlight. Sadly even when the sun is up we still have none, way cloudy. Doesn't do much for the solar generation.

It's wonderful. I love watching the sun rise from my deck. I have busy weeks and boring weeks, but I'll take it.
At least working from home you can do little things around the house during the boring weeks.

Surprise, we're not having any wind at the moment either!
We ALL know that means the wind meter is broken!

I found this article on flea collars so I've been reading, found some more articles and reading a bunch of Amazon reviews, and I think the flea collar could be causing some of his symptoms. I'm going to take it off in the morning and try bathing him and his bedding and everything. They say to use Dawn dish soap to get off the residue. Well, not sure how I'm going to bathe a 140 pound dog in the middle of winter but we'll see lol
Bath tub.

Back
Top Bottom