The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Other than the alpacas pooping in the barn, how do you like raising them Bruce?

And at least you're still getting some eggs! I think I've only had 3 or 4 eggs in the past 3 months. But daylight hours will be increasing in another 2 weeks or so...maybe start to see more soon :fl
I am getting eggs daily. Had 2 blue, 2 brown and 2 white, plus 4 quail eggs yesterday.

kdogg will your folks "pony up," to take him to a grooming place for his bath & drying? Let them struggle with a dog that large.

They might or else I will since it's not that expensive but the thing is it's kind of a pain to get him in the car and also he can sometimes be a little reactive around certain dogs, never seem to know which. He's better now that he's older and sicker, some dogs he doesn't even notice, but I think being in that close proximity with them he would. So it might be more of a pain than just doing it here. He is actually usually very good and lets me bathe him, he just stands there like a good boy, but of course the issue is I cannot bathe him outside when it is this cold out. If I can get him into the bathroom though, I might be able to bathe him in the shower or else just outside the shower and dry the floor. My brother actually has a walk in shower/tub (my dad paid someone to cut into the tub to make it walk in when my grandma was still alive. It was her house) so I could possibly put their dogs away and bring him over there to use the walk in tub. It might be easier. I will ask if I can't get him in the bathroom.

I hope Gator feels better soon!

Thanks!

I'm thinking he's probably going to need to go to the vet soon because he's been vomiting for a few days and isn't eating but then I read something that said it's not usually an emergency?

http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/dog...it-time-panic-evaluating-emergency-situations

But he was refusing everything but did finally eat some pancakes and pizza crust last night (not healthy but he literally refused everything else) so then I became a little less worried, since he clearly had some appetite, chalked it up to him just being picky (he is picky) but then later he refused more pizza crust and a pb&j corner (had put benadryl in it) and eggs which was very weird as those are faves. But he also vomited not long after that so was maybe just nauseous. Anyway, what he threw up was the pancakes. He can't keep what he does eat down. So I think I will make a vet appointment for today just because I would feel better having him at least looked at. But that said, some people said as soon as they took the collar off and bathed them, they were almost immediately better within like a few hours to a day. So I think that's worth a shot too. He also has eye discharge again which I read was a symptom for some dogs (although he struggled with that before the collar but could be making it worse) and of course the vomiting and he's been a bit itchy/hair loss. So I figure taking it off is worth a shot because a lot of reviews said they didn't start showing symptoms till like 2 months in. It's scary some of the symptoms too, seems a lot of dogs wind up with severe neurological problems, balance issues/weak back legs or head shaking or for some dogs aggression, or whatever, and then are fine once collar is removed. Thankfully Gator does not have those symptoms yet. Although he did fall down the stairs yesterday. I didn't really want him to go up but he was determined and started up on his own so thankfully I was behind him and thankfully he only got about 6 steps up. So he didn't actually fall down the stairs thankfully. But he did lose his footing and he would have fallen. But I was behind him to catch him/hold him in place so he didn't fall and actually, as soon as his legs went out, he sat down (and he's a big dog so didn't exactly fit on the stairs, he was sideways) and then he would put his front paws down one and slide his butt down one step at a time haha smart boy! So my "job" I guess was basically keeping him from falling off the step cause he's so big. Of course as soon as he got down, he wanted back up ha I tried to keep him down and he did take a while to actually start but I think he did go up again or else he did later. Either way, one of the times he was up he also drank a ton of water from the toilet (we're trying to get him to not but my dad keeps letting him and I didn't realize the lid was open) and anyway, sounded like he drank the entire bowl. Idk if he did but he kept drinking and drinking and drinking. That was before I read the article saying to limit it.

But that said, even if the collar is partly to blame for some of his symptoms (and he does seem to have gotten way worse since it's been on), he is also just getting older and he does have myositis so I think unfortunately his time is relatively limited anyway. :( and I think his nails also need to be trimmed cause I think that causes him to slide/struggle more but we can't

I haven't had a one in close to two months. Only one bird went through molt so just that time of year I recon.

All of mine have molted and are over it. The eggs I did get all showed up on the same day. But haven't seen one since, I think you're right Pert...just that time of year.

Back
Top Bottom