The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I looked them up and they do have a gorgeous song. They are beautiful looking birds too.
I never have liked mocking birds because they sing all night long when the moon is up. Here's some pics of a fledgling that the parents built a nest in the corner of one of my pens, on top of the pen.
100_3819.JPG

Still in the nest
100_3816.JPG

It's first venture out of the nest
100_3820.JPG

100_3822.JPG

It's first flight

I never have liked mocking birds because they sing all night long when the moon is up. Here's some pics of a fledgling that the parents built a nest in the corner of one of my pens, on top of the pen.
View attachment 1630607
Still in the nest
View attachment 1630609
View attachment 1630610
View attachment 1630611
It's first flight
sean, i'm so jealous, i've never seen a baby before, i love them singing all night, relaxes me, kinda like rain on a metal roof. i know, i'm weird

sean, i'm so jealous, i've never seen a baby before, i love them singing all night, relaxes me, kinda like rain on a metal roof. i know, i'm weird
Well, growing up back in the dark ages, we didn't have central air, yet.... trying to sleep at night with a stupid bird singing all night long outside the window was aggrevating.

View attachment 1630607
Still in the nest
View attachment 1630609
View attachment 1630610
View attachment 1630611
It's first flight

He's all legs and beak, bless him (or her).

I go to sleep to the sounds of Mr Tui singing (he stays up late). DH finds him annoying but I don't hear him unless I really listen for him - he's just lovely background noise.

That is very true and part of why I haven’t moved out yet; all the areas I want to move to have a way lower minimum wage than her and I want to save more first, but I was just amazed at how much cheaper everything is. There are a lot of decent houses for like $100,000 to $200,000 whereas here those same ones might be $500,000 or $600,000 or more, or sometimes a little less. It was just a huge dramatic difference. But in PA the minimum wage is only $7.25 an hour whereas here it is $11 now (and I think it actually just rose to $12 with the New Year) and supposed to go up to $15 over the next few years. That is obviously a huge difference. So I want to stay here and work for a while first. But that said, I don’t currently even work a “real” job and just do the dog walking thing and am hoping to start walking more dogs, either starting my own business or using the Wag dog walking app thing, and possibly training (want to become a certified professional trainer. Gotta get working on that) so I would likely be charging more than minimum wage anyway so it might not matter where I move? Although that said, I would probably have to charge lower rates in lower cost of living/rural areas as opposed to up here or near cities so maybe it does matter. I might not even do the training thing, I’d have to pay for insurance and a building and everything and not make any money probably. I might go into the post office too but idk if I wanna work there 30 years but that would have government benefits and pay. But maybe I should move closer to a city. I still like Pittsburgh or maybe somewhere in Ohio; we have some family there, PA, and DC. Also I have discovered that by Lexington is crazy expensive, lots of multimillion dollar homes, probably because of the Kentucky Derby.
Cincinnati is a pretty awesome city and right across the river from KY. The university district is cool,lots of neat cultural stuff and not too hard to make a good wage.
Best to get some sort of education while you have your parents to help you tho'. Then you can pick where you want to live.

He's all legs and beak, bless him (or her).

I go to sleep to the sounds of Mr Tui singing (he stays up late). DH finds him annoying but I don't hear him unless I really listen for him - he's just lovely background noise.
i agree, i have no trouble sleeping when mine sing but have been woken up by a turkey hen in a tree outside our bedroom window calling, never heard a turkey hen before and didn't know what it was

Back
Top Bottom