The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Thank you for asking Bamabexchicks. Pretty much down, my son visited for 2.5 weeks and we had a great time BUT, he is back home now.:hit
Aww! Sorry! It's kind of a weird thing for me that way... don't have kids and after my marriage ended years ago I found a good deal of solace from being alone. It was like that for some 14 years. Now I have been married to my sweet hubby for a year+ and feel soooooo lonely when were apart. Love does that. I truly think that grieving is the flip side of love,don't you? I bet he misses you too. Call him! Just say "hi" you'll feel better.

Bruce, is your DD going off to college?
We leave tomorrow morning. She and DW went out shopping for stuff today.
She will have to buy a phone in Canada, TracFone doesn't work there. No cheap way to get a phone the will work in both US and Canada either. Will be opening an account at TD Bank Canada, she and DW already have a US TD Bank account. That way we can "wire" money to the Canadian account.

Some things did fall in place though. Turns out we don't have to get Canadian car insurance. And her Amovig was approved today with an override to get a 4 month supply instead of 1 as she has been getting. They WOULD ship to Canada from the CVS specialty mail order pharmacy ... for $120 a month. We've been paying a copay of $5 courier delivered from the UVM speciality pharmacy. The stuff has to be refrigerated. I picked it up today (same $5 for multi months) so we can drive it up in a cooler. Let's see $480 or $5, which is better? :gig She will have a refrigerator in her room, at Mt Allison all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves.

Now, personally as long as Kendra doesn’t get hurt I find her voyages into toddlerhood extremely amusing. But then I’m not Jenny.
Oops :lau
Funnier from way over here I suppose.

Angel Food Cake uses a lot of eggs!
12 egg whites
And then you get to figure out how to use 12 egg yolks! One idea - Chocolate Truffles! Have to make a lot to use 12 yolks though.

Can you still use the eggs after they freeze?
Depends on how bad they froze. I had one this winter that was cracked, figured the yolk would be chalky and the white weird like the one I got a few years back but it looked perfectly fine. Still cooked it and fed it to the chickens.

She will have to buy a phone in Canada, TracFone doesn't work there. No cheap way to get a phone the will work in both US and Canada either. Will be opening an account at TD Bank Canada, she and DW already have a US TD Bank account. That way we can "wire" money to the Canadian account.

Some things did fall in place though. Turns out we don't have to get Canadian car insurance. And her Amovig was approved today with an override to get a 4 month supply instead of 1 as she has been getting. They WOULD ship to Canada from the CVS specialty mail order pharmacy ... for $120 a month. We've been paying a copay of $5 courier delivered from the UVM speciality pharmacy. The stuff has to be refrigerated. I picked it up today (same $5 for multi months) so we can drive it up in a cooler. Let's see $480 or $5, which is better? :gig She will have a refrigerator in her room, at Mt Allison all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves.

Oops :lau
Funnier from way over here I suppose.

And then you get to figure out how to use 12 egg yolks! One idea - Chocolate Truffles! Have to make a lot to use 12 yolks though.

Depends on how bad they froze. I had one this winter that was cracked, figured the yolk would be chalky and the white weird like the one I got a few years back but it looked perfectly fine. Still cooked it and fed it to the chickens.

That’s cool that she’s going to school in Canada

Sounds like she's headed off for a grand adventure! I hope she enjoys it :)

Have a safe trip Bruce!

Back
Top Bottom