The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

All of our tradesmen say they won't be back until Wednesday at the earliest, as it's just too cold.
That is for sure!!!

The propane company that I've gone with is $0.51/L
That equates to $1.47 US per gallon, I'm paying over $4/gallon.

I'm getting a tankless water heater, so that should cut down on the consumption somewhat.
I am not fond of mine. Good if you are running a lot of water for an extended period like showers. Not so good for small water users or "short bursts". It has to run its vent pipe purge before it starts. EVERY time. If it hasn't run for a while, it takes several minutes before it is putting out 120°F water AT the machine. If you use a bit once the hot water gets to the tap then turn it off, the heater turns off. Starts after it detects 1/2 gallon/minute flow and has to run the purge. So if you are just rinsing something, you hear it start and then stop because you turned off the tap. Repeat that a few times and the pipe between the heater and the tap fills with cold water which is what you get out of the tap after a bit. The HE washing machine does a lot of "little spurts" of water during the cycle, especially at the start, never gets anything but cold water until it does the "fill" and it doesn't use much water so probably never gets full temp water.

I put a 12 gallon 110V water heater in the crawl space directly under the kitchen sink. The tankless heater is upstream of that. Only the washer is directly connected to it, all other water users are downstream of the 12 gallon tank. If you use just a bit of water in the sinks it is hot much sooner and less water is wasted waiting for hot to come out of the tankless. The 12 gallon buffers the cold water the tankless puts out for several minutes after starting.

DH has had to eliminate a lot of them here. We were having a real problem with them using the cat door to get into the golf course office. And boy, did they make huge messes! Plus tangling with the cats...that cost us a pricey visit to the vet.

The problem is, once you get rid of one there's a void that the others move into. :rolleyes:
yes, i know but just maybe the next one won't eat chickens, would rather take a chance on a non eater than a eater, we don't have traps out all the time, just put them out when they start killing my chickens

Good morning everyone.

No cat or dog doors here. Someone in our community had a rabid coon enter their home through a cat door. Entire family had to get rabies shots, and all animals had to be boostered.
afternoon sour:frow
we don't have animal doors either, at home that is, our dogs and pig have a doorman or woman :lol: but down here theres a animal door in the door that is in the washer room before they built it on but since there not a animal door on the outside door, nothing comes in

Never got to Walmart & Sam's Monday - I wrote down the wrong day. We are going on bus tomorrow.

Today I got to sneak over to Subway after shopping in TJ Maxx. My first real food, apart from pistachios and walnuts, since Sunday. I was starving meant figuratively not literally. I'm always starving ,burns up lots of calories just turning the brain on.

Never got to Walmart & Sam's Monday - I wrote down the wrong day. We are going on bus tomorrow.

Today I got to sneak over to Subway after shopping in TJ Maxx. My first real food, apart from pistachios and walnuts, since Sunday. I was starving meant figuratively not literally. I'm always starving ,burns up lots of calories just turning the brain on.
well, we got to ollies after turning the coon loose, didn't want to make a trip that far just to take the coon, so after ollies, we ate dinner at po folks, food's somewhat good and very reasonably priced so that was my day out and did enjoy not having to cook :D

Back
Top Bottom