The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Rabid raccoons are scary!
NON rabid raccoons in a Havahart traps are scary.

yes, i know but just maybe the next one won't eat chickens
Do bears sh1t in the woods?
Does the earth rotate?
You can BET that given a chance a coon will rip the head of any chicken it can touch, and not even eat the body. Can't even claim they need to kill chickens to stay alive.

we don't have traps out all the time, just put them out when they start killing my chickens
Seems like closing the barn door after the horse has gotten out.

Does the earth rotate?
You can BET that given a chance a coon will rip the head of any chicken it can touch, and not even eat the body. Can't even claim they need to kill chickens to stay alive.

They may do that to chickens but everyone of my pheasants the coons got to were totally consumed, feathers, bones, legs/toes...everything eaten. :old
I thought a two-legged predator had gotten into the pen, only thing left were a few splatters of blood.

DH has had to eliminate a lot of them here. We were having a real problem with them using the cat door to get into the golf course office. And boy, did they make huge messes! Plus tangling with the cats...that cost us a pricey visit to the vet.

The problem is, once you get rid of one there's a void that the others move into. :rolleyes:
We trapped 9 coons by the chicken coop last summer and have been good since then. Hattie has really helped to keep predators away.
Rabid raccoons are scary! When the ex and I rented a house in the country we came home from a trip to find one in the enclosed porch. He'd gotten in and couldn't figure out how to get out so he destroyed everything (including a bag of trash). When the ex opened the porch door that thing reared up on it's hind legs, bared all it's teeth and started charging. TG the ex was the first to try the door or I'd probably still be running.
They are scary! Craig hooked a chain up to the live trap to pull it away after coon was caught and one of them actually pulled the whole chain in the cage with him.
:frow

Did you get your trip to Walmart & Sam's DD? I liked having Sam's around. I'd buy some stuff there and some at Costco. It was handy, as each didn't have everything I wanted.

No propane today. The entire fleet has been grounded due to potential equipment damage from the temps. Thursday or Friday is the target date now.

DMC - it's so touching that you're helping that family. I'm sure that they're overwhelmed by all that has happened, and your alleviating some of the burden must be such a help to the father. :hugs

Bob - I'll just say ick. I don't envy the Joy's of year end you must be going through.
I get paid for it but it takes me longer then the check is written for so I just donate the extra. Some day I may need help.

Yeah, been outta pocket lately! :lol:
How you doing Sharron? Hope you had a lovely day out. :)
sorry you're not feeling up to par, still pain in the leg? still having to take pain medicine?
i was hoping by this time you were better:hugs
yes, i did, the creek where we let the coon go was beautiful, i had fished it before many years ago toward the mouth but this was way upstream, beautiful , looked so good for fishing, then got to spend money and to eat out, what more could a woman want:lau:lau:gig

Does the earth rotate?

all true

Back
Top Bottom