The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

No, never. Although my dad does but I try not to be near him when he does and he doesn’t smoke in the house. But of course sometimes if I need to talk to him or something, being near some smoke is inevitable.
Do you have respiratory diseases? You are young for that.

Do you have respiratory diseases? You are young for that.

Well, I think I technically have asthma or used to but I thought I outgrew it, idk, hasn’t really bothered me in a while but even back then, we (brother and I) only really got it when we got colds and took the medicine to be safe but I never really needed it needed it. Idk. I am thinking I should maybe go to the doctor though cause the wheezing and coughing is relatively new and has also been happening when I laugh sometimes. Well, not the coughing, but the wheezing, raspy thing. I figured maybe it was just cause I was out of shape or overweight or something but I don’t think that’s normal?? But it’s been like at least a few months or more so I don’t think it’s anything serious?? Idk. By serious I mean like pneumonia or something cause I assume I would feel sick or worse? My sinuses have also been acting weird too. But I figured since I never really move that’s maybe it was just that. But I have been walking the dogs for a while now so I should be more in shape by now??? Cause I think I breathe pretty heavy just walking around the house/yard or up the stairs too or sometimes sitting (but not usually), I can hear myself, yet when I walk the dogs, I don’t seem to do that??? Idk. I should probably get it looked at but I really don’t feel sick or anything otherwise and usually recover pretty quickly so it is weird.

But I just got a refill on the asthma medicine (apparently hasn’t been refilled since 2016, didn’t realize it had been so long, guess it shows how little I really use it) and was expired so got a refill so I may try using that and see if it helps. Although I don’t normally like to because it makes me feel all shakey and weird and if I take it at night or too late, keeps me awake. I was just recently at the doctor for the sinus thing but completely forgot to mention the wheezing which was actually the whole reason for the appointment to begin with.. :oops: didn’t think it was the biggest issue, figured the sinuses was worse :oops: but I should probably go back. We called, which was how we got the asthma meds refill, but I didn’t even see my regular doctor. Should probably go back to the regular doctor and have my lungs checked or something.

Well, I think I technically have asthma or used to but I thought I outgrew it, idk, hasn’t really bothered me in a while but even back then, we (brother and I) only really got it when we got colds and took the medicine to be safe but I never really needed it needed it. Idk. I am thinking I should maybe go to the doctor though cause the wheezing and coughing is relatively new and has also been happening when I laugh sometimes. Well, not the coughing, but the wheezing, raspy thing. I figured maybe it was just cause I was out of shape or overweight or something but I don’t think that’s normal?? But it’s been like at least a few months or more so I don’t think it’s anything serious?? Idk. By serious I mean like pneumonia or something cause I assume I would feel sick or worse? My sinuses have also been acting weird too. But I figured since I never really move that’s maybe it was just that. But I have been walking the dogs for a while now so I should be more in shape by now??? Cause I think I breathe pretty heavy just walking around the house/yard or up the stairs too or sometimes sitting (but not usually), I can hear myself, yet when I walk the dogs, I don’t seem to do that??? Idk. I should probably get it looked at but I really don’t feel sick or anything otherwise and usually recover pretty quickly so it is weird.
Get checked. You could have walking pneumonia.

But I just got a refill on the asthma medicine (apparently hasn’t been refilled since 2016, didn’t realize it had been so long, guess it shows how little I really use it) and was expired so got a refill so I may try using that and see if it helps. Although I don’t normally like to because it makes me feel all shakey and weird and if I take it at night or too late, keeps me awake. I was just recently at the doctor for the sinus thing but completely forgot to mention the wheezing which was actually the whole reason for the appointment to begin with.. :oops: didn’t think it was the biggest issue, figured the sinuses was worse :oops: but I should probably go back. We called, which was how we got the asthma meds refill, but I didn’t even see my regular doctor. Should probably go back to the regular doctor and have my lungs checked or something.
Get your bottom to the Dr.!

QUAIL!!! :D

And I gotta say, I am sure those will be cuter a bit later on, but right now they look a bit creepy/scary, especially in the second pic! :lau :oops:

Yay! Quail! They are such cute babies.

Yes, my ugly bugs will be ugly until their feathers start to open out (at about 3 weeks of age). Soon they'll look like porcupines as they will be covered in pin feathers (I was going to say hedgehogs but you guys don't have them there). I think they are cute but they are my babies - love truly is blind.

RIR, Black Sexlink, EE. What is that little baby you are holding?

I 2nd (or 3rd) the gorgeousness of that EE. She's a beauty.

Those are our cockatiel chicks. The older one has started hissing today if it's a bit unsure about a noise (which puts it on track developmentally which is always reassuring). It's starting to get a bit of a personality. The younger one is still a sleepy blob but it is 2 days younger. Its crop was so full this afternoon it was almost as big as the rest of it (it had almost doubled in size).

Bathroom project is totally on hold. Planned it for yesterday, but Ken got called in for meetings and offered me Proud Cut if I’d ride along, drop him off, go pick up his tuxedos from the cleaners, and I couldn’t resist besides, I didn’t want to do it all by myself, so I figured today was just as good.

Well, yeah. The school called. Kendra went back today after being out Monday, but they said she was totally lethargic and not participating at all. So we brought her home to stay with us. Jen said to keep an eye on her MACE (the little Tic-Tac thing where we do her enemas) because it was a little red over the weekend. So I checked it when I cathed her, and it was pretty doggone red. By the time Jen came to pick her up a couple of hours later, it was nasty swollen and purple. So she took Kendra home, got her some Motrin, called the doctor, and not 5 minutes later she called me and told me it had burst. And I mean BURST!!! She rushed her the ER, I followed a few minutes later, and that’s where we’ve been from 2:30 until just a few minutes ago.

Kendra was so sick that she didn’t fight the 4 vials of blood drawn, putting in the IV, or the general once-over, but the minute they touched her waistband to even look at the MACE she arched her back and started kicking. But not one tear all day long. So dehydrated, too. But her temp was only 99.4. She fell asleep, and she was so out of it that when they wanted a urine sample I sat her up and braced her, Jen did the catheter, and Kendra didn’t stir. The doctor we had called Denver for some guidance and sent them photos (bless him for that!) and they said that sometimes when kids with a MACE have had a nasty viral infection, the antibodies in the blood get whacko busy and start fighting everything. Since, like the sinuses and nostrils, the MACE is in a mucosal environment, a pocket will occasionally form, swell rapidly, then burst and drain. The doctor here cultured the junk from it, and we’ll know more in a couple of days, but she sure tested positive for a UTI. They finally sprung us loose with an antibiotic ointment to push into the MACE (that should be fun) and a three day supply of antibiotics plus a prescription for more. But it’ll take a few days for the final urine culture to come back and tell us what specific antibiotic killed the UTI. If it’s the one we are starting with, great, we’ll fill the remainder of that. But if not, we’ll tear up that script and get the one that was effective in the culture. As far as the abscess goes, Denver said to keep it open and draining so it will heal from the inside out. They usually do with little to no intervention.

We discussed her being admitted because of how sick she is, but both Denver and the local doctor feel that a little one with Kendra’s other issues usually does better at home, if at all possible, given the communication issues, seizures, and the autism. Makes sense to us, too, but it’s pretty scary to look at, I’ll tell ya! She didn’t even cry when they took out the IV, poor baby! I’ll have her tomorrow, and I gotta tell ya I’m not looking forward to it. So, that was my day, watching my baby girl so miserable that she didn’t react to anything except the actual looking and the culture. The bathroom can darn well wait!

View attachment 1699907

View attachment 1699908

Poor baby! Sending lots of love and hugs your way. :hugs Hope tomorrow isn't too awful for you.

Back
Top Bottom