The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

:frow

Rain has stopped for now but will pick up again along with the wicked winds. Hope the roads don’t freeze. How is it there?
Oddly warm for this time of year with 12mph winds, rain is coming. Supposed drop back into the low 30's high 20's once the rain comes. This weather is just wacky going to get to 70 today.

:frow

Oddly warm for this time of year with 12mph winds, rain is coming. Supposed drop back into the low 30's high 20's once the rain comes. This weather is just wacky going to get to 70 today.
Wacky weather everywhere! I can’t believe how much the snow shrunk yesterday from the rain. I see now we are in a blizzard warning today. Uffda!

Hope the snow lets up soon @N F C . It's back to being hot and humid down here. :sick

Here's the latest photo of our little 'cuties'. In a few more days the older one will be covered in pin feathers so at least it won't look like a bald little vulture anymore. The younger one (at the back of the photo) opened one eye today and gave us a sideways look but it's still a bit of a blob compared to the older one. It did try and preen me though which was sweet. They were both grizzling for some food as I held them, though the little one was already stuffed full!

View attachment 1700914

Our DD freaked out as she could only find one baby when we went in there. The older one had made its way right to the back (seeing as they were hatched in such a ridiculous place). It does get a lot of sun in the morning in that spot which shines directly under the finch cages (where the 'nest' is) so I wondered if the fact that it has its eyes open now means that it was trying to get away from the brightness. I've put a block of wood over some of the front to give them some shade, but I'll have to keep an eye on them as they will start to explore more.

I'm impatiently waiting on all those pin feathers so I can see where they'll have black patches. I'm hoping at least one has the pretty pearl pattern on their black patches.

Gorgeous pictures @KDOGG331 - I love deer. They have such sweet faces.

How's Kendra today @Blooie ?

Thanks for sharing a new picture of the little fuzz butts Jae! It will be fun to see what they finally end up looking like :D

Faces only a mother - and this group - could love! ;)

She had a tough day. A lot of pain between doses of Motrin and crabby as all get-out. It’s hard enough to be little and hurting ..... gotta be 10 times harder when you don’t understand any of it either. Jen stayed home with her today, but I’ll have her tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

I appreciate so much all of the prayers and support. Nothing, nothing scares me worse than something happening to Kendra. That sounds crappy when you think about how many of us there are in the family and how tight we all are, but that’s the simple truth of it. She’s so totally defenseless and dependent on us, and I suppose some of how I feel has a lot to do with the week I had with her while Jenny was ICU right after the baby was discharged after her back closure surgery. I can’t explain it any better than that. I love them all, and I’ve been either the “mom “ and/or day care provider for all of them at one time or another. But Kendra....she’s just in a class by herself.

Hoping for a better, easier day for Kendra B:hugs

Oh boy. Got our storm .. settled down for a while. Snowing again. Took Lisa to vascular surgeon. Fusulia not good enough. Going in early tomorrow to have the port put in. She can't go back to the facility to where she's been, needs to be in a skilled nursing home as long as the port is in. So, had to find her a place today, she packed some today.. will go in after surgery. Pretty happy that she will go to the place she was in when she was recouping from her drowning incident. Great place, closer to us, will transport her to dialysis ..which starts on Friday. Finally! Oh...got my first egg from , pretty sure, the Black Sexlink. Always something in a day to be grateful for. :)

Cynthia, that's great you were able to get Lisa back into a place you know & like! And congrats on getting that first egg :D

Bright and sunny and BONE DRY here, with no wind. Since we are in a Basin totally surrounded by mountains, major storms usually seem to miss us, going around them. Evan says, “The Force Field is working, my son!” :lau

Kendra went to school today, but I’m on standby in case she needs to picked up. Jenny just can’t miss any more work, since they have that trip to Denver next month.

Where the heck is Bruce???

when they are really young, the babies are spotted

Yeah, that’s about the only think I know about aging them lol none of these had spots so I guess they aren’t real little.

You have to look at their teeth to age them...unless you see them as fawns and watch them grow up or if their still with their mother, etc....it's hard to know exact age. Bucks are easier to tell age by looking at them.
I'm going out on a limb here but I'd say the one that was closest is in the neighborhood of 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years old.

Thanks!! That’s really helpful!! I didn’t see any of them as babies I don’t think, haven’t really seen very many babies around here lately, so idk where these came from. They just appeared yesterday. Although there are lots of deer around, just haven’t seen them in our yard as much. But I’ve seen them down the road and in the field and woods there and stuff. But I guess maybe they were staying away because of Gator?? And wow! That old? Wouldn’t have guessed that!! We were figuring just because she was so small that she must be young like maybe first season away from mom but I guess you can’t go by physical size alone. I guess just like people, some are maybe smaller or bigger.

Bright and sunny and BONE DRY here, with no wind. Since we are in a Basin totally surrounded by mountains, major storms usually seem to miss us, going around them. Evan says, “The Force Field is working, my son!” :lau

Kendra went to school today, but I’m on standby in case she needs to picked up. Jenny just can’t miss any more work, since they have that trip to Denver next month.

Where the heck is Bruce???

Glad to hear Kendra went back to school today...keeping fingers crossed she continues to improve. :fl

Come to think about it, I haven't seen Bruce around lately. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom