The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Hope you get a new machine DMC :flWe got a new set a few years ago and the dryer wouldn't turn even though the motor would run...some ding dong forgot to put a belt in there:gig Must have been made on a Monday.
Good grief! I hope I get a new one too but apparently that doesn’t matter. We got this April 1st and it’s already bad:hmm
Did I mention....I am getting a puppy?!!!:wee:yesss::woot
Yay! A German Shepherd??

No, a Papillon. (I'm cheating because she posted it over in the Old Folks Home)

The things I always wonder about electric cars are where the power is coming from to charge the batteries and where the used batteries go when they have to be disposed of? Doesn’t seem to me like much of a “green” solution if the electricity is generated from coal powered plants and the batteries aren’t that ecologically friendly.
That can be a consideration though generally speaking electricity is generated in a cleaner fashion than what comes out of most tailpipes burning gas or diesel. Plus you would have to factor in all the pollution caused in the creation and transportation of those fuels. Our power comes primarily from Hydro Quebec, local wind and solar. Over the course of a year our solar panels are generating more than we use.

I THINK the batteries are recycled.

Yeah my brother had to have a Tesla, the electric car - has a charger in his garage
couldn't believe how high his electric bill jumped.
Yes but has he compared both his prior electric AND gasoline bills to his current electric and NO gasoline bill? AND does he even know exactly how much of the electric bill is attributable to the car?

A vehicle that gets 30 MPG at $2.50/gallon costs $0.083/mile. A Tesla Model 3 uses .237 kWH/mile, a Model S .344/mile. At our electric rate of $0.17/kWH, the Model 3 would cost $0.04/mile, the Model S $0.058/mile. My Prius, ignoring the 25-30 miles on electric at the same $2.50/gallon runs between $0.042/mile and $0.05/mile. The electric part (if I didn't have the solar panels) would be between $0.037/mile and $0.045/mile. I do not have any way to know how much electricity I'm pumping into the car, I only know the battery size and how much it would be if it were fully discharged every time I plugged it in.

My new vehicle has auto stop/start. Most annoying thing ever. I love my vehicle but not that. I get into the garage and don’t even get it in park and it stops and restarts. It can’t be disabled either.
Poor design perhaps? No reason for it to restart if you have your foot on the brake.

We got the final word on the golf course restaurant yesterday.
Now is that the FINAL final word or the most recent final word? ;)

She said there was no point in ordering glasses.
True, because whatever you get now will change once the cataract surgery is done.

Back
Top Bottom