The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

No, a Papillon. (I'm cheating because she posted it over in the Old Folks Home)

That can be a consideration though generally speaking electricity is generated in a cleaner fashion than what comes out of most tailpipes burning gas or diesel. Plus you would have to factor in all the pollution caused in the creation and transportation of those fuels. Our power comes primarily from Hydro Quebec, local wind and solar. Over the course of a year our solar panels are generating more than we use.

I THINK the batteries are recycled.

Yes but has he compared both his prior electric AND gasoline bills to his current electric and NO gasoline bill? AND does he even know exactly how much of the electric bill is attributable to the car?

A vehicle that gets 30 MPG at $2.50/gallon costs $0.083/mile. A Tesla Model 3 uses .237 kWH/mile, a Model S .344/mile. At our electric rate of $0.17/kWH, the Model 3 would cost $0.04/mile, the Model S $0.058/mile. My Prius, ignoring the 25-30 miles on electric at the same $2.50/gallon runs between $0.042/mile and $0.05/mile. The electric part (if I didn't have the solar panels) would be between $0.037/mile and $0.045/mile. I do not have any way to know how much electricity I'm pumping into the car, I only know the battery size and how much it would be if it were fully discharged every time I plugged it in.

Poor design perhaps? No reason for it to restart if you have your foot on the brake.

Now is that the FINAL final word or the most recent final word? ;)

True, because whatever you get now will change once the cataract surgery is done.
I don’t know Bruce. Some days it’s worse then others. I go in for an oil change soon and I’ll ask about it.
Female , black and white papillon. In about 2.5 weeks!!!
Never heard of it so I looked it up, so cute!

Good morning everyone!

Bob, congrats on the NPIP certification :thumbsup

DMC, that's crazy about your washing machine!

Blooie, sounds like more just got put on your plate :hugs

Cap, happy news about the new puppy...looking forward to pictures!

Still cold here :( It never did reach 40* yesterday...more snow showers overnight... :sick

You all have a great day!

Good morning everyone!

Bob, congrats on the NPIP certification :thumbsup

DMC, that's crazy about your washing machine!

Blooie, sounds like more just got put on your plate :hugs

Cap, happy news about the new puppy...looking forward to pictures!

Still cold here :( It never did reach 40* yesterday...more snow showers overnight... :sick

You all have a great day!
Hi Debby! You too! Crappy weather here also.

I don’t know Bruce. Some days it’s worse then others. I go in for an oil change soon and I’ll ask about it.

Never heard of it so I looked it up, so cute!
I have had 2 male paps and a female over the years. Love those girls! They have super personalities. You should see them go on agility courses!

Back
Top Bottom