The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

thats got to be hard to let them go before they mature and you see how they turn out
Sometimes, depends on what species of pheasant but all of them will look a little different even within the same species and the same parent birds. Problem is it cost alot to raise them to maturity and you can't really get that much more by keeping them that long.

Got 3 peeps driving me crazy today! Been calling and texting me about buying some of my birds. Asking all kinds of amateur questions. :rolleyes: Their molting right now and are only 14 months old but coloring in really well...usually takes 24 months for them to color out but mine will be fully colored out on their next molt. Mine usually get their adult plumage by 16 to 18 months of age. They are at that awkward stage. :D
View attachment 1846069
View attachment 1846073
Beautiful birds!
Yep, and other health issues too!
:(

Sometimes, depends on what species of pheasant but all of them will look a little different even within the same species and the same parent birds. Problem is it cost alot to raise them to maturity and you can't really get that much more by keeping them that long.
makes sense, i never get out of my chicks what i have in them but i do it cause i love to see them grow. and to be honest, i hate to sell anything that i hatch. right now i'm hatching the chocolate birchen orpingtons, i really want to wait til they're a little older, be lucky to get feed money back but i can promise you this, the roosters will go as soon as i know they're roosters, nasty little things, i have one that i'm pretty sure is a rooster, reached in yesterday to catch a younger one and this one grabbed the top of my hand with his beak and pinched, wondering if its in the bloodlines cause his father has bloodied me twice already:idunno

makes sense, i never get out of my chicks what i have in them but i do it cause i love to see them grow. and to be honest, i hate to sell anything that i hatch. right now i'm hatching the chocolate birchen orpingtons, i really want to wait til they're a little older, be lucky to get feed money back but i can promise you this, the roosters will go as soon as i know they're roosters, nasty little things, i have one that i'm pretty sure is a rooster, reached in yesterday to catch a younger one and this one grabbed the top of my hand with his beak and pinched, wondering if its in the bloodlines cause his father has bloodied me twice already:idunno
X2 that's one of the reasons I have so many birds. :gig

Back
Top Bottom