The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

It is so hot out. I just got home from a 7 hour clean...thought I was going to perish. One little AC upstairs and it wasn’t on. :th

That was a really long cleaning job! Do you have many that last that long? You must be tired!

Got 3 peeps driving me crazy today! Been calling and texting me about buying some of my birds. Asking all kinds of amateur questions. :rolleyes: Their molting right now and are only 14 months old but coloring in really well...usually takes 24 months for them to color out but mine will be fully colored out on their next molt. Mine usually get their adult plumage by 16 to 18 months of age. They are at that awkward stage. :D
View attachment 1846069
View attachment 1846073

They look beautiful to me, not awkward.

I innocently asked why the workers work stations were so close together... they had the room to expand another four inches... This was the lead pasting line.

The engineer said the reason is they want to keep the turn over at about three months... Because they get a life time dose of lead in three months.... It ws his solution to a problem the Mexican side didnt want to resolve.

Oh and the workers rather than changing into disposable clothing as they came in... and changed out and showered when they went out... They wore their own clothing in and out of the factory.... and washed their clothes with the familiys clothes.....

When I left he had finally got an old bag house and collection set up over the workstations...

These batteries went in Little Tykes electric cars, Wheel chair batteries, and UPS supplies....

Metel is down there too.... dont want to know.

deb

What a horrible working situation! I understand why you left that company.

night everyone, have to go move chicks from the incubator to the brooder, everyone have a nice evening:frow

Nite Sharron, have a good evening!

Gorgeous birds, and I’m gonna find me some of those flowers, too!! I love them!

So the meeting was.....interesting. Apparently Miss Event Planner was forewarned yesterday that Ken and I were coming in today and that we were not happy, but she didn’t expect Jim and Mark as well. I expected to sit quietly and glare while they unloaded on her. Well, nope. They sat there silently while she shuffled her papers and stared at her desk. So, I unloaded first. I told her people had been having issues since the block of rooms first became available back in June, that several people had been forced to make reservations elsewhere, and then explained what had happened yesterday when we were told the event was cancelled. I was pretty calm.....until I wasn’t.

I got to the part where I told her that I had so many details to worry about - decorations, gifts, seating charts, scheduling, guest counts, hospitality room and ladies’ activities - but the one thing I should never have had to worry about was the venue and the event itself. I was supposed to have been able to count on her professionalism. I could feel my voice beginning to crack and felt that lump in my throat coming. And then, I’m ashamed to say, I burst into tears, and I just couldn’t stop. It was totally humiliating, especially in front of Jim and Mark, but the dam* things just kept coming. Jim happened to be sitting next to me, with a table between our chair section and the section Ken and Mark were on, so he just reached over and kind of awkwardly patted my shoulder, which made me cry harder. Ken turned that icy stare of his on her. She had to feel like a chicken with a family of foxes bearing down, no place to run and no place to hide.

Her excuse? Apparently (according to the top of her head, which was all we seemed to see of her as she stared at her computer screen or the papers on the table) SHE had “double booked” us. How in the he11 an event coordinator can book a major event that takes up every single meeting room in the convention center and has been planned, paid for, (the meeting rooms were pre-paid, that is), and contracted in writing since 2016, 3 years before she even started working there, is beyond me. We were already in the computer system there before she got her job. But she claims that’s what happened and when she realized it “last week” she deleted one of the bookings. “The desk clerk yesterday obviously pulled up the cancelled one when you were here.” Fat chance, Chickie! Elizabeth booked our Grand Lodge. And people have been told “no rooms left” since June, months before “last week”. So Kathryn either out and out lied to our faces or tampered with our original booking. Jim called her on that one, and she just said, “Well, that’s what happened, I’m sure.”

I excused myself and went to the bathroom to regroup. When I went back into the meeting Ken, Jim and Mark were standing near the door. Kathryn told Ken, “I’ll get that list of reservations made to you by email today, and release 14 more rooms to your block. And I’ll call a staff meeting today so the desk staff knows what’s going on and not to turn down any reservations, even if that means you go over the number we’ve blocked.” Ken said, “I’ll repeat what I said for Diane now that she’s back....we will not need to discuss rooms again and my wife will not be this stressed out again about the venue, the rooms, or the meals. Am I clear?” She nodded and assured him that everything would be in order. Then Mark, who is normally a quiet, unassuming kind of man, looked down sternly at her and said, “Our event is in September and your desk has already turned down two reservations, so they booked at the Mill Inn. I ASSUME I can call them tell them that our rooms ARE available, and that our event will not be listed as cancelled. Is. That. Correct?”

So Kathryn did not have a good Monday. That’s okay, I did not have a good Sunday or Monday, so I’d call us even. I can’t believe I bawled in front of people in there! And now you know how it went. I do not, and will not, trust her, so I’m worried about what’s going to happen when I have to go to her and tell her I need another table for the silent auction, or more coffee, tea, and water for the hospitality room. She’ll either bend over backwards to provide or make it difficult for me. I dunno. We all went to Perkins for coffee afterwards and Jim said since he and Debbie and Mark and Tami live there in Sheridan, they’d keep checking on things for us. Ken’s still waiting for that list. We’ll see.

So the meeting was.....interesting. Apparently Miss Event Planner was forewarned yesterday that Ken and I were coming in today and that we were not happy, but she didn’t expect Jim and Mark as well. I expected to sit quietly and glare while they unloaded on her. Well, nope. They sat there silently while she shuffled her papers and stared at her desk. So, I unloaded first. I told her people had been having issues since the block of rooms first became available back in June, that several people had been forced to make reservations elsewhere, and then explained what had happened yesterday when we were told the event was cancelled. I was pretty calm.....until I wasn’t.

I got to the part where I told her that I had so many details to worry about - decorations, gifts, seating charts, scheduling, guest counts, hospitality room and ladies’ activities - but the one thing I should never have had to worry about was the venue and the event itself. I was supposed to have been able to count on her professionalism. I could feel my voice beginning to crack and felt that lump in my throat coming. And then, I’m ashamed to say, I burst into tears, and I just couldn’t stop. It was totally humiliating, especially in front of Jim and Mark, but the dam* things just kept coming. Jim happened to be sitting next to me, with a table between our chair section and the section Ken and Mark were on, so he just reached over and kind of awkwardly patted my shoulder, which made me cry harder. Ken turned that icy stare of his on her. She had to feel like a chicken with a family of foxes bearing down, no place to run and no place to hide.

Her excuse? Apparently (according to the top of her head, which was all we seemed to see of her as she stared at her computer screen or the papers on the table) SHE had “double booked” us. How in the he11 an event coordinator can book a major event that takes up every single meeting room in the convention center and has been planned, paid for, (the meeting rooms were pre-paid, that is), and contracted in writing since 2016, 3 years before she even started working there, is beyond me. We were already in the computer system there before she got her job. But she claims that’s what happened and when she realized it “last week” she deleted one of the bookings. “The desk clerk yesterday obviously pulled up the cancelled one when you were here.” Fat chance, Chickie! Elizabeth booked our Grand Lodge. And people have been told “no rooms left” since June, months before “last week”. So Kathryn either out and out lied to our faces or tampered with our original booking. Jim called her on that one, and she just said, “Well, that’s what happened, I’m sure.”

I excused myself and went to the bathroom to regroup. When I went back into the meeting Ken, Jim and Mark were standing near the door. Kathryn told Ken, “I’ll get that list of reservations made to you by email today, and release 14 more rooms to your block. And I’ll call a staff meeting today so the desk staff knows what’s going on and not to turn down any reservations, even if that means you go over the number we’ve blocked.” Ken said, “I’ll repeat what I said for Diane now that she’s back....we will not need to discuss rooms again and my wife will not be this stressed out again about the venue, the rooms, or the meals. Am I clear?” She nodded and assured him that everything would be in order. Then Mark, who is normally a quiet, unassuming kind of man, looked down sternly at her and said, “Our event is in September and your desk has already turned down two reservations, so they booked at the Mill Inn. I ASSUME I can call them tell them that our rooms ARE available, and that our event will not be listed as cancelled. Is. That. Correct?”

So Kathryn did not have a good Monday. That’s okay, I did not have a good Sunday or Monday, so I’d call us even. I can’t believe I bawled in front of people in there! And now you know how it went. I do not, and will not, trust her, so I’m worried about what’s going to happen when I have to go to her and tell her I need another table for the silent auction, or more coffee, tea, and water for the hospitality room. She’ll either bend over backwards to provide or make it difficult for me. I dunno. We all went to Perkins for coffee afterwards and Jim said since he and Debbie and Mark and Tami live there in Sheridan, they’d keep checking on things for us. Ken’s still waiting for that list. We’ll see.
I think I would go to the Chamber of Commerce and the BBB, so sorry this had happened to you Blooie, by the ineptitude of a total idiot. :hugs

I think I would go to the Chamber of Commerce and the BBB, so sorry this had happened to you Blooie, by the ineptitude of a total idiot. :hugs

I’ve been tempted to go to a lot of people, Sean, but the bottom line is I still have to work with her until Grand Lodge is over. Right now we are on pretty thin ice with each other, and I don’t want it shattered so close to the bash. I forgot to mention that YR Sessions is scheduled there for September of 2020, too, but I guess while I was in the bathroom trying to regain my composure Jim and Mark told her that whether or not they sign that final contract for next year depends entirely on how our Grand Lodge next month and their contracted Sessions goes this September. Sheridan is not so large that they can afford losing a major convention to another town.

That was a really long cleaning job! Do you have many that last that long? You must be tired!

They look beautiful to me, not awkward.

What a horrible working situation! I understand why you left that company.

Nite Sharron, have a good evening!
The longest job I usually have is 3.5...this person I do about 4 times a year. She wanted me to stay longer and I said 7 hours is my limit then my shoulder shuts down. I had to do her windows and clean, I wanted to wring her neck. Hottest stinking day of the year:mad:

The longest job I usually have is 3.5...this person I do about 4 times a year. She wanted me to stay longer and I said 7 hours is my limit then my shoulder shuts down. I had to do her windows and clean, I wanted to wring her neck. Hottest stinking day of the year:mad:

I’m still in the mood to pound somebody down into the ground so far they’d have to roll down their socks to...um...deficate. Want I should head your way and take care of her for ya?

Wow, unbelievable! I would have lost it too Blooie:hugs

I’m still in the mood to pound somebody down into the ground so far they’d have to roll down their socks to...um...deficate. Want I should head your way and take care of her for ya?
I’m still steaming myself. They aren’t even home. They are down South somewhere. They have friends coming to stay for a week or so for a funeral so I cleaned for that. Thanks for the offer though:lol:

Back
Top Bottom