The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

My cookie cutter is riding along with the other Amazon packages in DH's truck. The packages (and DH) will be home tomorrow :)

Kind of disappointed with my last Amazon order. I was going to send a book my son wanted to him with his Christmas card. Ordered Dec. 3rd, delivery not expected until Jan. 3. Crazy! Guess next year I'll do my online stuff in November.

I don't have any plans for today, just the usual. But thanks for asking!

Good news that hubs will be home soon. Is he staying at home until after the holiday then?

I've heard that Amazon has some issues. Igor passes a warehouse on his commute and he said there was a line of semi's clear out to the main corridor and then some waiting to get into Amazon for unloading. Crazy!

Good morning IM :frow

That's awesome news for your daughter:D

AI has it's place, but not in your ear IMO :hmm

Thanks RJ :) It was a long process but she's a smart kid and works hard.

I agree that AI can be beneficial, just like computers. In the wrong hands though, not so much.

Good news that hubs will be home soon. Is he staying at home until after the holiday then?

I've heard that Amazon has some issues. Igor passes a warehouse on his commute and he said there was a line of semi's clear out to the main corridor and then some waiting to get into Amazon for unloading. Crazy!

Thanks RJ :) It was a long process but she's a smart kid and works hard.

I agree that AI can be beneficial, just like computers. In the wrong hands though, not so much.

DH will be making a quick stop here at home and then try to get back to Casper, weather allowing. He'll definitely be home at Christmas time!
smiley Christmas.gif

I've noticed a few stories about Amazon in the news for a few weeks now. Apparently the employees are killing themselves trying to live up to company expectations. Doesn't sound like a great place to work, especially during the holidays.

I am not quite an atheist My son is... We both have studied histories and doctrines and culture of many faiths though. And respect others bliefs.

As an Agnostic I lean toward Unitarian... but the churches are few and far between.

Thought I would put that out there... for no other reason than I wanted to.

deb
I fully respect your beliefs I don't judge you for it. I didn't keep or follow Gods ways either up until recently. Ya I don't go to church either. I pray and worship God from home.:)

Last edited:
DH will be making a quick stop here at home and then try to get back to Casper, weather allowing. He'll definitely be home at Christmas time!
View attachment 1980169

I've noticed a few stories about Amazon in the news for a few weeks now. Apparently the employees are killing themselves trying to live up to company expectations. Doesn't sound like a great place to work, especially during the holidays.

My son worked there for one holiday season and quit before it was over. I'll leave it at that!

Happy to read your hubs will be home for the holiday. Have you decorated? I'm really not into it this year but the kids are supposed to come over and I feel bad.

its his home place debby and he says that everytime he thinks of selling it, re remembers mom and pap, the hardship they went thru buying the place, this was just after the 2nd war when pap got out of the navy, you know how things were back then. i understand and to be honest, i kinda don't want to move back here full time, i've lived in pa longer than florida and as long as he doesn't want to move, well, i'm where he is:love
I would not feel right selling it as well:confused:. How many acres does it come with? If you don't mind me asking.

My son worked there for one holiday season and quit before it was over. I'll leave it at that!

Happy to read your hubs will be home for the holiday. Have you decorated? I'm really not into it this year but the kids are supposed to come over and I feel bad.

'Nuff said IM!

My cousin's daughter worked for UPS one Christmas season. She's a super fit young gal, she climbs mountains, swims competitively, has done stints at the local YWCA as a fitness instructor, etc. She said that just one season working for UPS almost killed her.

'Nuff said IM!

My cousin's daughter worked for UPS one Christmas season. She's a super fit young gal, she climbs mountains, swims competitively, has done stints at the local YWCA as a fitness instructor, etc. She said that just one season working for UPS almost killed her.
Its repetitive motion thats a killer.... I dont care how fit you are...

deb

Back
Top Bottom