The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone :frow

RJ and Grammy I'm happy to read you'll have some visitors for the holiday!

Sharron, that's too cold for FL but here in AZ it's about the same View attachment 1980147my garden is doing great though! Have you planted anything other than tomatoes?

It's been busy at my house for a couple days. My daughter dispatches for a private company that contracts with various cities in the valley, medical only. She has been offered a lead position with one of the tribes here for their 911 center. She'll handle police, fire and medical now. I'm so proud of her!

My employer has started using A.I. to make us our best selves ever, coaching while on the phone to make our calls fabulous! :rolleyes: I'm against it and so ignore it. As long as I meet my stats I don't care what my replacement parts think :gig

Have a great day everyone. I'm off work today and intend to play in the garden when it warms up outside.

hi im:frow
its cool here i think mostly cause of the rain, but in the panhandle here, it does get cold, i remember when i was 8 years old it even snowed one evening and sil helped me make a snow man,but of course when the sun came up the next morning, it melted fast
no sure im whether i planted leeks or onion from seeds, they weren't marked and i didn't know what the heck they were til i remembered that my garlic chives put out seeds like these so i kinda think they're leeks and i also planted some dahlia ,single pedal blooms, leeks are up as are the dahlia's and some of the tomatoes:clap

Sounds nice!
it is don, what i like about it(when we have water in the lake for fishing) is its so nice and quiet, only see one or two cars a day if that and of course the mail lady or garbage men one day a week, course this coming week the people will be out to replace a couple of electric poles, don't know when but they dropped the poles off yesterday

it is don, what i like about it(when we have water in the lake for fishing) is its so nice and quiet, only see one or two cars a day if that and of course the mail lady or garbage men one day a week, course this coming week the people will be out to replace a couple of electric poles, don't know when but they dropped the poles off yesterday
:love

just five, if we sell it, may give it to our son if he doesn't retire and take off, hes our only chick and will get everything
That's a pretty nice gift.. :ya. !!! How old was your mom ? That's a good amount of land ....but for some reason I thought it would have had alot more. I guess I just have it in my head that people from the past automatically had a lot of land:rolleyes:........

Yes you are right they probably will just fly over the fence. I just thought they might be afraid of the electricity:)
Probably not, they don't know what electricity is anyway ;). I've had some fly over the 4' electronet. Then they try in vain to get back in through the 2x4 openings when I try to catch them to put them back over. And yes it is hot, connected to the wire that runs around the 1 acre I fenced, 8 joules and packs a wallop. Maybe their feathers insulate them some.

That's a pretty nice gift.. :ya. !!! How old was your mom ? That's a good amount of land ....but for some reason I thought it would have had alot more. I guess I just have it in my head that people from the past automatically had a lot of land:rolleyes:........
husbands mom was 92 when she passed in 2012, his dad passed in 1995, he was 75
pap got out of the navy and came home, they found the five acres and bought it, pap worked three jobs to pay for it,,husband was born on the place

husbands mom was 92 when she passed in 2012, his dad passed in 1995, he was 75
pap got out of the navy and came home, they found the five acres and bought it, pap worked three jobs to pay for it,,husband was born on the place
Wow 3jobs! Sorry about the losses though... If you aren't going to keep it I would definitely try to pass it on through the family.

Probably not, they don't know what electricity is anyway ;). I've had some fly over the 4' electronet. Then they try in vain to get back in through the 2x4 openings when I try to catch them to put them back over. And yes it is hot, connected to the wire that runs around the 1 acre I fenced, 8 joules and packs a wallop. Maybe their feathers insulate them some.
yes... I know:lol:..... I meant If they touched the fence. I guess I will just have to try electric and find out if they will get through. This was probably important to mention but their coop is not in the area I plan on fencing off. they actually sleep in a line of fur trees near the house. They are very good flyers . They can easily fly 200 ft across a field .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom