The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

fresh cut grass loves the rain.......makes it grow twice as fast........

lol.........

back before we got our zero turns, I enjoyed mowing the grass.....could steer one handed, and practice my drinking and driving skills.....

now with the zero turns, and the two separate levers, it's impossible to practice........

NO lawn mowing - get some goats, they do a good job even UP or Down hill & fertilize as well. Don't know how they feel about rain though.

Well, i reckon I've cracked the issue, so I'm good to go.

Sorry about the aches and pains Sour - too much exercise my friend. I'm hoping it will stay dry tomorrow so I can get the grass cut also (not me personally, you understand
smile.png
) - need the clippings to be dry and put in the coop.

hey, NFC, have you ever been to Dallas?

I think that's Debbie with an "IE"...
lol.png

Chris, better you than me. I have little patience with technology - frankly I am a technophobe.

Since you asked, I am hurting a bit more than usual today. Spent a good bit of time in the field with the dogs, and then came home and mowed the entire lawn - playing 'beat the rain'. It's been raining since Friday - finally broke yesterday afternoon - started up over night and is supposed to rain lightly through the weekend, but my lawn is mowed.
ya.gif

hugs.gif
for the pains

clap.gif
for the mowing

Gotta keep that triangle nice and tidy!

thumbsup.gif

Quote: He is on a later schedule for summer than Florida colleges. He wanted to take a calculus class at UF, but they start next Monday,
He still has to finish this semester and exams.
I am kind of glad. I would not get to see him much if he had.

and this way...
It is exciting!
big_smile.png

We are flying up, renting a suburban and driving slowly home.
We want to see Ruby Falls and the Appalachians. We have never really ever had a vacation. ever. (Honeymoon maybe, but we did not go anywhere.)

My husband figures if we do not do it now, we won't have the boy much longer to do it with.
The nursery could never afford for us to be away, at least not together. It is the up side of failure I guess.
roll.png

My husband and son got to go to boy scout camps and campouts.
So they have seen the mountains and got to get away. I never got to.

not that I was bitter about it or anything.
hmm.png

(I was. I really was. )

Eggsy neighbor only does little triangle front lawn. Other day cut it so short, it was brown in many areas. If I try treating the weeds, I come home to find he has cut grass again - 3rd. time. grass isn't growing -
barnie.gif
. Back yard is nothing but weeds now, guess they won out over the winter. Some creeping thing with little purple flowers and some lacey looking stems and tiny leaves that overwhelm everything. - looks like they will converge at some point, wonder who will win the backyard. Next door neighbor has gorgeous lawn, I bet they want to kill me over my "walk on the wild side," I just call it a nature preserve. No come to think of it, he likes to sit in a lawn chair starring at my yard - he says, he likes it.
idunno.gif

Eggsy bet, your son will be home for summer break soon. I remember UIC finished up early May and didn't start up again till August. Every place is probably different.

Back
Top Bottom