The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Our latest forecast, hoping it's way off:

View attachment 2561134

Go away winter, no one wants you here!
Sorry Debby!!
Yeah, no kids over the coming weekend :wee
I’m off work next week too, all week. While there’s no rest for the wicked, my house is going to be clean, as in spotless for the first time in a while. The boys will be doing some yard work over spring break so the yard will look good too. I need it; five people, three large dogs and two bunnies inside is a lot to maintain and I’m getting grouchy about it.
I would get grouchy too, enjoy!
That sounds great to have the entire week off! It would be nice to have a spotless house (at least, that's what I've heard. Don't think I've ever had one.) :gig

How are your bunnies doing?
Mine was before kids...it’s been a long time:lol:

I have just chased off a skinny feral cat. It was strolling up the driveway so I rushed outside, grabbed the dog (who was clueless) and I'm hoping the fact that it now knows a dog is on the property and it's had enough of a scare that it won't be back. There are many feral cats around here - we've found one dead in the drain after a heavy rain, and another was hit by a passing car or truck. You often see them playing on the side of the road. It's just irresponsible people dumping cats. :(

I was most worried about our son's rabbit as he loves her and takes such good care of her, and it could have jumped into her pen quite easily. Plus we have the ducks running around (our drake was actually headed down the driveway to meet the cat). Thankfully our chickens are at the back of the property, but with little bantams (one of which has chicks) it's a bit of a worry. We'll have to look at getting a trap.

I have a 6qt kitchenaid so can make large batches of bread!
I don't think my bowl is quite that big, but I'm hoping the softness of the dough means I can do a double batch.

I hung bedding on the line today. It took about 20 clothes pins per blanket due to the wind and none landed on the ground. I love these mild temps. I imagine winter will slap us in the face again soon.

:wootGot both freezers cleaned out, daughter helped. I was dreading that. Fridge too. Might work on the pantry tonight, it’s so much easier with help to sort and auch

You ladies worked hard today. My biggest job of the day was getting some grocery shopping done...yay me!

I have just chased off a skinny feral cat. It was strolling up the driveway so I rushed outside, grabbed the dog (who was clueless) and I'm hoping the fact that it now knows a dog is on the property and it's had enough of a scare that it won't be back. There are many feral cats around here - we've found one dead in the drain after a heavy rain, and another was hit by a passing car or truck. You often see them playing on the side of the road. It's just irresponsible people dumping cats. :(

I was most worried about our son's rabbit as he loves her and takes such good care of her, and it could have jumped into her pen quite easily. Plus we have the ducks running around (our drake was actually headed down the driveway to meet the cat). Thankfully our chickens are at the back of the property, but with little bantams (one of which has chicks) it's a bit of a worry. We'll have to look at getting a trap.

I don't think my bowl is quite that big, but I'm hoping the softness of the dough means I can do a double batch.

I'd be concerned about your critters too Jae. I feel sorry for the dumped animals but it would be awful to lose one yours. Hope the dog scare keeps that one away.

Back
Top Bottom