The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I peeked in Kendra's backpack when she got here after school today. I normally don't do that because most of the stuff in there is addressed to the kids, not to me, but Keisha was bragging up what an amazing day Kendra had so I had to see what she'd done. Well, can you tell her classroom worksheets from any other kindergarten student's worksheet? She's smart....she is doing exactly what they are doing, but in some areas she's ahead of them. And when she came into the house she made a beeline for her special doll. She has just very recently noticed it - she doesn't care too much for dolls - but she identifies with this one. In the photo she is helping her doll push down the brakes on the little wheelchair, saying, "Brakes on, Kendra.'

IMG_1594 (Edited).JPG
IMG_1593 (Edited).JPG
IMG_1592.JPG

Aww, look at that gorgeous girl! Thanks for sharing Blooie. That's a lovely wheelchair for Kendra's doll.

Ron, I love your socks. Very bright and sunny.

Looking forward to seeing those boots Cap.

You've been working hard Teila - the palms look much tidier and you can make the most of their shade now. I too envy your soil.

Aww, look at that gorgeous girl! Thanks for sharing Blooie. That's a lovely wheelchair for Kendra's doll.

Ron, I love your socks. Very bright and sunny.

Looking forward to seeing those boots Cap.

You've been working hard Teila - the palms look much tidier and you can make the most of their shade now. I too envy your soil.
X2 morning everyone :frow

I peeked in Kendra's backpack when she got here after school today. I normally don't do that because most of the stuff in there is addressed to the kids, not to me, but Keisha was bragging up what an amazing day Kendra had so I had to see what she'd done. Well, can you tell her classroom worksheets from any other kindergarten student's worksheet? She's smart....she is doing exactly what they are doing, but in some areas she's ahead of them. And when she came into the house she made a beeline for her special doll. She has just very recently noticed it - she doesn't care too much for dolls - but she identifies with this one. In the photo she is helping her doll push down the brakes on the little wheelchair, saying, "Brakes on, Kendra.'

View attachment 1317150 View attachment 1317151 View attachment 1317152

Awwww how awesome! Her handwriting is great! A lot of kids you can't even read the words. Hers are so legible! And that's awesome she found a doll she likes! Maybe part of the issue was the others weren't like her? Probably part of the reason they've started making dolls of different skin colors and even plus sized Barbies, etc. Kids like to relate to and identify with something that looks like them and they can't do that with the stereotypical white, wayyy too thin, disproportionate Barbie. She seems very very smart too, remembering and repeating what you guys tell her and everything. Then telling it to the doll. And of course the writing too.

Actually, what she's doing with the doll seems like 100% normal kid behavior which is awesome! My professors kids love to play, especially his daughter, and the dolls/action figures have the same schedule as the kids and they'll say stuff like "time to take care of the kittens", which of course is them, etc. Kids love to imitate and play and stuff and put themselves into it so that's awesome she's doing that! Seems like a super smart kid, for sure! And cute too. :)

Good Morning.

Just got back a while ago from shopping all day! I found some cute boots with white chickens all over them! In my size even!

Can't wait for pics :jumpy. Sounds like a great deal on those.

@Teila , you do have a great knack for landscaping and the whole yard is beautiful and inviting :)

Yes!
We have clay soil here..It does not drain well at all!

I didn't realize y'all had to deal with clay - ours is really red (loaded with iron I think). Stains everything.

I have socks with Roosters on them!

Love the socks, you have to wear those with shorts ;)

@Blooie - Kendra is really growing up, love the doll and chair - would never have imagined finding a doll size wheelchair.

Back
Top Bottom