The Old Folks Home

Welcome Michael!

bama, I told DH we are moving to Alabama. He started whining about the commute to, and from work. The wimp!

Y'all come! We'll leave the porch light on for ya'!

I freeze water in Gatorade bottles, and around noon, float them in the water buckets. I also freeze water in gallon jugs that have a few nail holes on one side towards the top. I set these on the ground in the coop. As the ice melts, the cold water drips out of the nail holes which creates a nice cool wet spot for them.

What a great idea! I freeze 20oz drink bottles and drop them in the waterers, but a milk jug with drip holes is a great idea. I think I will put a cup under it so they can drink, or maybe a pan so they can cool their feet.

The colored eggs look so lovely arranged on the platter that way.

I agree!

Doesn't everyone take their chicken with them when they go to get their hair done?

Hon, in Alabama, we get our hair did, not done.
lau.gif

I'm three days behind on my reading and catching up on BYC, but I just had to share this! This is what I came home to after my three day vacation, MY FIRST EVER FIVE EGGS! Of course they wait till I'm home to start laying! I'm such a proud chicken mama!

They're next to a white store bought egg for color comparison, yay!

I'm a grand mother! In case you didn't realize, those eggs are from my flock. The EEs that laid them were brooded in my garage! Congrats, Dragonfly!

Speedo and velvet robe

U guys are crazy to think i would sell my herb garden this close to harvest time

Yeah, uh, Dude? I don't think it's us that are crazy..............and I mean that with the greatest respect and affection, of course.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom