The Old Folks Home

@drumstick diva I think they are Park's Whopper's, but I am not positive. I bought them in May. I kept getting busy and didn't get them in the ground right away and they almost died several times. I finally had my son help me put them in the current location in mid June because we were leaving for the beach for a week. That bed had/has not been improved more than having pine straw on it. Before I knew it, they took off and set blooms. I have tried much harder and had much less success than these. Go figure...

Last edited:
Note to self. Go and back and read the 300 posts these chatter boxes left while I was building brooders.

I was taught to never cement posts. It traps the water and rots them. I dig a hole 6-8 inches larger in diameter then the post. I then get a barrow of small rocks and layer rocks and dirt by pounding them with a digging bar's flat top.

When I do this I should just have enough rocks dirt from the entire hole to full the narrow space. I have never had a post shift

Bwahahahah.... Hey.... when and if I get back to my house My plan for fencing is to auger a two and a half inch diameter hole just for the post drop in a few rocks and smash the dirt back down the hole. I got a killer deal on some Galvanized fence posts... they are almost twelve gauge.

We used to do fence for corrals in a river bed. So I too was taught not to cement in posts.... For that reason as well as when it comes time to replace it its sooo much easier to dig it out enough to lift it out of the hole and re pack.

deb

Quote: I love mater sandwiches too.,... but on a nice tart Sourdough bread....

The only thing better is to layer slices of tomato with fresh soft mozzerella and Bazil leaves.... Mater Bazil cheeze mater bazil cheeze... Then Sea salt and cracked black pepper a drizzle of Olive oil and a sprinkling of Basalmic vinegar... Capresi Salad... Great for a side dish or even the Entre on a hot day....

deb

One of the best appetizers I have ever had was at Spago in Beverly hills.

Layers of Beets, genuine buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil and olive oil.

I planted basil and oregano today. Let's see if I can time harvesting before it bolts to seed.

I am working on the mozzarella as a five year plan. Two and a half more before my buffalo will calve.

I am going to have to make a cool room with grow lights to get beets though.

I planted basil and oregano today. Let's see if I can time harvesting before it bolts to seed.

I am working on the mozzarella as a five year plan. Two and a half more before my buffalo will calve.

dude!!!!!!

there you are, in the land of "I can only grow the heat loving plants" with me in the "I can only grow the cold loving plants"
lau.gif

Made me realize though...it is easier for me to grow my "loves hot" in a greenhouse, than it would be for you to build a building AND cool it and then grow the "loves cool" hummmmmm maybe I shouldn't complain so much.

Ummm they can grow in the in the Philippines.... You may just have to ammend the ph but they originally came from Africa...

https://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110814225049AApzKIf

I think your only hurdle will be the soil.

deb

Back
Top Bottom