The Old Folks Home

Seriously, I'm thinking that I need more than growth hormone. My Mom (lived to be 97) always said, "Getting old ain't for sissies." I'm starting to understand.

YUP. I take testosterone too. Builds muscle, tightens ligaments. And I don't trip anymore--doctors forgot to tell me all the side effects of surgery.
barnie.gif

Grand father lived to be 92-94, tripped and fell carrying his new TV ! His mom,died at 96. I gotta be prepared! Oh and his older sister is 105!

The water issue is the reason I haven't gotten ducks so far. I want to have something that I can drain instead of having to lift and turn over a little pool when I want to freshen their water.

Chickens do take a lot of work. Today I've been moving old brick and laying a "patio" for my rolling coop to roll onto next to the permanent run.

Arielle, any unpleasant side-effects from the testosterone?

Last edited:
Good question--

Hair in the area of applying the cream can get noticably thicker--more something I notice but not someone else. Solution was to alternate a number of skin areas.

When I applied it only to my abdomen, tiny white heads appeared, like very tiny teenage acne. Same solution as above.

Small doses-- the smallest possible to accomplish the job. Every woman has her own level that works for her. ( I get progesterone and estrogens, too)

ANd depending on how you view it, va-va-vavoom is rekindled !
gig.gif

I didn't know a Walther was the Bond gun until my dad told me
hide.gif
- it's really just a plinking gun that we picked up a while back. Love the names of your horses!

Yeah, we enjoy shooting. It's something fun to do for an hour every week or two. I also enjoy feeling protected, whether I am or not in reality. My ex was a creepy stalker for some time after we broke up. I still keep a loaded 12 gauge shotgun next to the bed, just in case of anything. Don't have dogs, just an attack rooster during the day. There have also been some home invasions in the area and a lot of robberies. Prescription drug abuse is huge up here. Also BF and I are both pharmacists - the State of Maine Board of Pharmacy posts our phone numbers and home addresses online. If someone was truly angry with one of us, it would be simple as pie to come here. We don't have kids and if kids visit all the guns that are out go into the safe in the basement. We try to be safe and responsible gun owners.

The Glock 40 is too much for me - it's too fat for me to grip comfortably, and too much of a kick for me to want to shoot it. I want to have fun, not shoot something powerful just to shoot it.
Have you tried a Glock model 36? I have one in .45 caliber that I love. I had a beautiful Walther PPK that was stolen when I was in the process of moving from CA to Ohio.. The Glock 40 is too big for me as well. I just sold my MagnumResearch BFR 45-70 revolver because my arthritis was getting too bad for me to handle it. I didn't wan't any mishaps. Shooting for me is a form of relaxation as well as keeping my skills up. We live in the middle of nowhere and It takes emergency services at least 1/2 hour to respond. We need to be self sufficient for protection. My DH has been a gunsmith for years and now designs custom rifles and shotguns. We are heavily armed too.

Ok, here is the little pullet that I love from one of your eggs Arielle...

A little red/brown going down her neck, I am thinking there will be more as she gets older.

Slate legs, just like the Wheaten there by her..I love her blue..more pics show the blue better.

She looks light blue here...

Darn, didn't get a picture of her holding her tail up, she was either trying to avoid me,
or had her dead down to eat.

Here is a good picture of the "blues" in her. Very pretty girl so far. :)

Ok, here is the little pullet that I love from one of your eggs Arielle...

A little red/brown going down her neck, I am thinking there will be more as she gets older.

Slate legs, just like the Wheaten there by her..I love her blue..more pics show the blue better.

She looks light blue here...

Darn, didn't get a picture of her holding her tail up, she was either trying to avoid me,
or had her dead down to eat.

Here is a good picture of the "blues" in her. Very pretty girl so far. :)
SHe is a very pretty girl!! Looks a lot like her dad's coloring !! I love the blue lacing. Of course the red comes from mom.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom