The Old Folks Home

When I was married, my wife was always cold... I was always warm/hot. I can't tolerate/don't do well in heat (unless it's designed as in a sauna or steam room). Right now as I sit here at the computer, the inside temp is right around 64F (I have a thermometer above head height on the wall). The heat is off, my bedroom window is open, it's ~50 outside and has been raining/sprinkling so a little moisture in the air, but not much wind. Shortly I'll be opening the back slider so the dogs can go in and out freely. I'm wearing light shorts and a T-shirt and am very comfy
smile.png

It seems to me a common thing that women are cold and men are hot... Is that just me? I've found that if I get chilled, just putting on a pair of slippers does wonders, in fact I can rarely leave them on, as my feet sweat something awful. Just remember, you can always put clothes on to get warm, but you can only take off what you have on to get cool. I'll go feed the chickens and such dressed as I am (with slippers on)... Not sure the neighbors or local law enforcement would be happy if I did it au-natural
roll.png

On another note, another morning snapping awake at 3am... Can't afford to spend the day napping in the recliner today. Much I need to get done. Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

When I was married, my wife was always cold... I was always warm/hot. I can't tolerate/don't do well in heat (unless it's designed as in a sauna or steam room). Right now as I sit here at the computer, the inside temp is right around 64F (I have a thermometer above head height on the wall). The heat is off, my bedroom window is open, it's ~50 outside and has been raining/sprinkling so a little moisture in the air, but not much wind. Shortly I'll be opening the back slider so the dogs can go in and out freely. I'm wearing light shorts and a T-shirt and am very comfy
smile.png

It seems to me a common thing that women are cold and men are hot... Is that just me? I've found that if I get chilled, just putting on a pair of slippers does wonders, in fact I can rarely leave them on, as my feet sweat something awful. Just remember, you can always put clothes on to get warm, but you can only take off what you have on to get cool. I'll go feed the chickens and such dressed as I am (with slippers on)... Not sure the neighbors or local law enforcement would be happy if I did it au-natural
roll.png

On another note, another morning snapping awake at 3am... Can't afford to spend the day napping in the recliner today. Much I need to get done. Hope y'all have a wonderful day!
My husband and I are about the same.
big_smile.png

smile.png

roll.png

I am the opposite... I tolerate cold and heat well... if I get cold I put something on... if I get hot I take something off....

IN my own home the windows and doors are open for the most part because I am a fresh air freak...

When temps get over a hundred though I want a cool spot to veg in.... but swamp cooler works fine for that. and when temps get around 40 I want a warm spot to veg in.... pot belly if I have company or oil heater by the chair or bed.

I have to admitt though my climate is pretty mild year round... I still want good windows and doors though.

deb

In addition to plastic sheeting, I found some decently priced thermal (rubber backed) curtains at Wal Mart. I couldn't afford all at once, so I got some for the bedroom, then later some for the biggest windows in the living room. It took me about a year to get enough for all the windows throughout the house, but that type curtain makes a big difference in both air conditioning, and heating bills. Yes, I keep them closed almost always, however, I have a couple smaller windows in the living room, and one in the kitchen that I open the curtains during the daytime, so my house isn't too dark.

Much can be done to reduce the drafts. Towel at base of door. Seal the windows with plastic.Little things adf up

So true..anyone want to share there ways of keeping the house less drafty? These are two great ideas..what else? Our home isn't old old..but getting there. built in the 70's.

In addition to plastic sheeting, I found some decently priced thermal (rubber backed) curtains at Wal Mart. I couldn't afford all at once, so I got some for the bedroom, then later some for the biggest windows in the living room. It took me about a year to get enough for all the windows throughout the house, but that type curtain makes a big difference in both air conditioning, and heating bills. Yes, I keep them closed almost always, however, I have a couple smaller windows in the living room, and one in the kitchen that I open the curtains during the daytime, so my house isn't too dark.

Oh good idea. I am worried out back door. I could so do that..a dark thick curtain that will cover the doorway..all around it. I do go in and out for the chickens, but bet we could work it so it would be easy to slide the curtain. We just need to get a new door that fits better next yr. But this curtain idea would work until then!

Back
Top Bottom