The Old Folks Home

Scg, The rooster we put in freezer camp, I did not put it in the fridg for 2 days first. Does that mean we should not eat it?

Let it thaw in the fridge and then brine it for 10 hours before cooking.

It will be very tasty. If in doubt or if the bird was over 4 months old:

follow the pressure cooker instructions.

SCG and Arielle you are right about the "Mainiac" attitude. My dad was born and raised there, moved away for a few years, and then moved back to Maine but to a different town than the one he grew up in. We moved to Mass about 11 years later and he was still considered a "new comer".
wink.png

I miss the Maine accent!!

Acouple years ago I went back for a family get together. I took my kids to the cove where I spent hours after school. A little lobster boat was in the cove to be hauled out for the season. THe launch all the locals use. I called out a hello-- we Mainers are friendly, not like city folk. I could barely see the fellow on board, but the voice!!! Not since HS had I heard that voice. Rode the school bus with his kids and his wife helped clean house once a week and he was the local plumber too. A sweet guy. Genuine. Forthright. Was good to see him again that day. He was a native-- never moved, not once. Related to half the island. lol

Me too. I'm too busy to wait most days. ANd I don't like to waste salt in a brine. Slow and low temps.

Most brine recipes call for kosher salt, but you can use regular salt. Two years ago I spent $5.00 at costco for a 25# bag of salt. It is almost time for another one.

Let it thaw in the fridge and then brine it for 10 hours before cooking.

It will be very tasty. If in doubt or if the bird was over 4 months old:

follow the pressure cooker instructions.

Thanks Ron! I appreciate it very much!
big_smile.png
I did not want to have to feed it to the dogs.

And thanks Scott and Arielle and everyone for your help! I appreciate your help!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom