The Old Folks Home

Checking in.

Pics are from the Rhododendron Festival on Roan Mountain.

My sister (with some help from me) wrote my dad's final article for the newspaper.

http://m.somdnews.com/article/20150...inal-farewell&template=southernMarylandMobile

Read if you wish.

Beautiful. What a wonderful father. I never knew mine. I saw him twice after my mom and him divorced. But he wrote me. Then it turned into calls, then he visited in the 70's, then we visited him in MO. in the 90's, glad we did, he passed 9 months after that visit, then we went for the funeral. I can't imagine the pain/grief. I was devastated when he passed, and we were only close mostly through phone calls.
I love love the tulip and daffodil idea! I think I just may have to do this. The kids know that this is my most favorite flower of all time. Just love them. How neat it must be to see them in the spring, and have some wonderful memories of your dad. That's just great.

My son and I have planted some small trees in areas where we figured they wouldn't be taken down. I told him to go back over the years after I'm gone to see how they've grown.
One was in a basin along the Metrolink route. I figured he could see it whenever he rode the train.

ETA
Beautiful rhododendrons. I love how they grow wild in the Appalachians.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom