The Old Folks Home

Sorry for your suffering! I contracted Lyme disease and although I got pretty prompt testing and treatment I am still suffering after effects. I feel like the medical community is still learning about these tick borne illnesses and lots of people suffer needlessly. Don't forget to treat dogs and cats that go outside, as they can bring the ticks inside. I check our dogs daily.

I know you’re still suffering!

Anaplasmosis is not supposed to have lingering effects, but people who contract it are assumed to be positive for Lyme, as well, since ticks affected with one of the lesser known infections usually are positive for Lyme as well.

<<shudder>>

Thanks so much for the kind words. I’m worried.

Did not know that you don't have children. Able to enjoy some nephews and nieces?

No kids. I found out when I was 30 that it would take medical intervention to get pregnant. Sometimes God says no when we pray but at least he gives you an answer.

Plus, DH and I met when I was 52 and my home delivery system had ceased to function.

Family is back in IL and WI. Two nieces and 1 nephew. Oh and 2 gret nephew. My niece didn't tell me she'd had her baby until it was 3 months old.:idunnoDB just told me they were using an implanted glucose monitor to keep track of his blood sugars. He's 5 years old! My reaction was, gee thanks for letting me know he has JD! I think that pretty much paint the picture of how my family operates. Maybe two emails a year and cards. That's okay. Really. My SIL and I get along better with the Mississippi river separating us. It would probably be better if there was an ocean, LOL.

DH's family is just too far away. Niece lives in upper WI, Nephew in Arizona. It used to bother me a lot but not any more. We play the cards we are dealt.

Well, spent 4 hours at the doctors. He was running really late which is unusual for them but he spent about an hour with me if not more.
He doen't think I need the RFA or Facet Joint injections in my neck until we try other things first. He spent a lot of time adusting, then used percussive therapy on my neck and shoulders which were as messed up as they could be. Then did more adjusting. He wants me to try PT and deep muscle massage therapy. He gave me an exercise to do to help my knees and then told me get up and get moving....more. He agreed with DH when he said that if I don't feel pain I will never slow down and NOT do something stupid that I shouldn't do but do it anyway because I'm not feeling pain.

Yeah, these guys know me, LOL. But I knew that my DO would go that direction. Why cut off a leg for hangnail, afterall. He also told me to get back on my racing trike and start riding again. I also have to go in monthly for manipulation. He said they weren't looking at the 'big' picture but focusing on my neck alone instead of working with the muscles that are being affected by the neck problems.

So I got a reprieve! Sort of...At least one I can live with without seeing needles being sharpened and stuck into my spine, Only time will tell what is next. It is progressive, it is destructive and some day it will win and I will be in a wheelchair. But Not Today, tomorrow or anytime in the immediate future.

Last edited:
I know you’re still suffering!

Anaplasmosis is not supposed to have lingering effects, but people who contract it are assumed to be positive for Lyme, as well, since ticks affected with one of the lesser known infections usually are positive for Lyme as well.

<<shudder>>

Thanks so much for the kind words. I’m worried.
I can't waste energy worrying, just taking one day at a time. Luckily the medication I got for Lyme disease covers most of the other tick borne diseases. I do think about possibly reinfection by ticks when I get bitten again.
Micro, hoping you never have to be wheelchair bound. Hugs.

Back
Top Bottom