The Old Folks Home

It's been confusing. I've seen 3 different docs about it, 2 when it first started hurting. Living on Riverbed I really noticed the pain when big toe has to bend walking on big rocks. Basically, I was scared of the surgery and walking on flat is fine. 10years later, saw a pediatrist that confused the crap out of me, basically said at my age it's no longer worth it since I'm not really running marathons or dancing in high heels. :confused:

Years ago I had a orthopedic shake his head at
the damage in my neck.
He shook it said no help but let them open it to see.
I almost ran out there.
Within 2 months on the medication I have no pain in it.
I had limited turning it for years.
I'd run too! Glad you got some relief! I had a chiropractor tell me that my neck looked like I'd been in a very bad accident.... But I hadn't.

The aches and pains of aging!
Mom long ago told me, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies." She was right. I've been ignoring abdominal pain (right mid abdomen) for several months. Yeah, dumb I know. Any way today I had a CT pelvic scan. No major problems. Diverticulosis which I was aware of and fundal gallbladder adenomyomatosis - nothing serious. For both I'll make a few simple dietary changes. Now as for my hands a shoulders --- they're a lost cause.

Hey there old folks. I've been busy with baby chicks, glad to take a year off next year at this time, it's so much work. I tried to speed read back thru a bit to see anyone here has dealt with foot bone spurs? It's been about 10 years for me, didn't do surgery.....
I had plantar fasciitis years ago, learned Birks are new best friend and taking BIG breaks regularly which evidently is VERY difficult for old folks!! Anyone else identify??! Why is that? Anyway between Birks and not being on feet for 8-10 hours a day I no longer have it. So I guess the same as orthotics. At least I acquired my shoes before they became so popular. :wee I don't know how srthinh so stiff would feel on spurs tho. But Birks come in "softbed"style.

I had plantar fasciitis years ago, learned Birks are new best friend and taking BIG breaks regularly which evidently is VERY difficult for old folks!! Anyone else identify??! Why is that? Anyway between Birks and not being on feet for 8-10 hours a day I no longer have it. So I guess the same as orthotics. At least I acquired my shoes before they became so popular. :wee I don't know how srthinh so stiff would feel on spurs tho. But Birks come in "softbed"style.
That's awesome! I think spurs are very much like PF. I basically wear flip flops full time but I've been advised that's not the best way to go so I started investigating Birks. There are styles that rub on side of foot so that doesn't work. But I found 2 styles that are great!! I like to plant my chair in the River for breaks, that helps too.

Back
Top Bottom