The Passing of Mother Goose

Sorry all.
Yes it is Nancy Townsend, not one of our members.
The note was from her husband Alan and their website has not been updated yet.

hugs.gif

It must have been seven or eight years ago at the Colorado Reniassance Festival I came across this unforgettable woman and her beautiful geese and duck. It was slow so I had the privilege of sitting with a very content goose on my lap for a quite while. The absurd idea a having a goose or duck living in my house somehow became plausible listening to her happily describe her life with them. Diapers on birds, why not! You can eat the eggs! They love people, see how they hug! Finally my husband wandered by and I showed him the birds and on the way home excitedly told him all about having house ducks and geese. In his usual grounded way he reminded me of our busy reality of having three kids plus a senile dog to constantly care for.
Time marches on, last winter my youngest flew off to live in Seattle and I became an empty nested malcontent. Reading a gardening book which described garden helping ducks rekindled this long buried whim and sparked it into action. I now have garden ducks, not house ducks, but I will alway remember that sweet diapered goose sitting on my lap like a content child.
No doubt The Goosemother introduced a love of these delightful creatures to many people, just like she did for me.
Thank you Nancy!

Nancy was a friend of mine. We've never had a chance to meet in person, but we've kept emails back and forth for almost a year. She's helped me through many scares and answered so many of my duckie questions. I always felt she was the only other person who truly understood my situation with my ducks living in my house. She's given me so many ideas and help. She will be missed greatly!

Back
Top Bottom