The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, nothing's been stated of which I am aware. Last year was approximately 5500 birds I understand. Not being involved with the ABA nor with waterfowl, my portion of the show would do very, very well to have 700 to 800 Large Fowl, I would think.

I'm just hoping to see 300+ birds in the American class. That would be really nice to see.

No, nothing's been stated of which I am aware.   Last year was approximately 5500 birds I understand.  Not being involved with the ABA nor with waterfowl, my portion of the show would do very, very well to have 700 to 800 Large Fowl, I would think.

I'm just hoping to see 300+ birds in the American class.  That would be really nice to see.
Fred

Just saw approx 4000 birds entered, right at 1000 LF!!!!

In a couple months this pullet will be placed into a single mating breeding pen, really like the way she is starting to fill out. :)

Fred, I got mine done this afternoon. Wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. Kinda weird to have them in the garage in cages....but the weather was nice (65F today) but into the 30s tonight, so I didn't want them getting chilled.

I've washed birds before, mostly for health reasons such as soaking for egg binding, or dipping for mites/lice. In the Ag circles I've moved in the past (cough, cough) years, this level of "beauty pageant" stuff wasn't a feature.

The cold front moved through tonight, as promised, so I was glad I got them done yesterday. They're all dry now. Bored out of their minds being in cages. My birds are farm birds, so they're not too happy with all this.

With over 4000 birds for the APA National in Knoxville,TN I do believe this will be a poultry show to remember. Looking forward to seeing all the different poultry breeds but mostly I will be there to see all the Plymouth Rocks! :)

Fred I think I have scared the "stuffing" out of the cockerel I washed. He's been quiet as a church mouse, dried off and looking better, but hasn't crowed a single time. Poor guy

The pullet seems happy and content, eating everything I bring her and just chattering up a storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom