The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need better PR.

They all do.
cool.png

If the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, I'll go to that show and take good pics to post here. I'll give them a little good PR...might even start a thread. Oops...they have a thread but it's old. Might have to give it CPR...

Guess what? You are correct! There IS a show right across the river and in a good driving distance from me....not sure about regulations to enter a show but I don't want any NPIP stuff at my place. But I will definitely go to that show~The Southeast OH Poultry Breeders Show~and check out the stock they have.
thumbsup.gif
Check with the show. In CA it is not required to be NPIP unless you come from out of state.

Now, that's no problem! I don't mind them testing any of my birds, just not putting my place on their government radar. I like to fly under that when I can.
Exactly the same reason why I'm not NPIP.

Same reason I won't give TSC my zip code or phone number...why in the world would they need that? They say it's for purely innocent reasons but I like to keep my tinfoil hat handy and my suspicions on my sleeve. My regular feed store never asks for my personal info....they are still doing all their business on carbon paper receipts.
gig.gif
Love those little country feed mills.

Hatch 2 for 2015

All chicks from pen 1. Mother is the pullet I showed at Kville and my largest male. She is a superior layer with excellent type, plan from this pen is a color improvement. Not certain what I'll get based on the wide variation in down color here. Kinda neat

Hatch 2 for 2015

All chicks from pen 1. Mother is the pullet I showed at Kville and my largest male. She is a superior layer with excellent type, plan from this pen is a color improvement. Not certain what I'll get based on the wide variation in down color here. Kinda neat

Scott, your 2 darker chicks look somewhat like that of the Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chicks at hatch. But that is understandable being that without the "pattern gene" the Silver Penciled & Columbian are one of the same the "Silver counterpart of Dark Brown". Please keep us posted on how they feather out.

Between my incubator & a broody pullet my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock chick count for 2015 is slowly but surely growing in numbers. Got 2 more chicks this morning from the broody pullet! :)

Last edited:
Out of over 50 chicks that I hatched out last year I have 5 pullets & 1 cockerel that I've carried over to this year to use in single mating breeding pens. I have only collected/hatched eggs so far this year out of one single mating breeding pen. Next week I plan to start collecting eggs from another single mating breeding pen which will contain the same cockerel over a different pullet. I plan to get chicks from at least 3 different single matings this year.

Are you taking the chicks from the broody??

I would think she would make raising a group much easier

Yes Scott, her being a pullet I wasn't sure she would take it to serious and quit so I only had a few eggs under her. Only being 4 chicks I decided I will just put these in with the others I hatched last week. Later in the year she will get a chance to brood her own chicks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom