The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are only the males have the rose combs. I get the colour could be sex linked but I don't think rose combs are? I should have females with rose combs also.
How many birds are we talking? If less than 100 or so, your results could easily be skewed by small sample size. Comb type is not sex-linked.

Heres my week and few day old chicks im going to take a pic of my little roo and put on here hes about 10 weeks old biggest out of them all.

Does anyone know how they got a barred rock bantam which chickens they used to make it ?

Does anyone know how they got a barred rock bantam which chickens they used to make it ?
Tootie

Do you have a copy of the APA or ABA standard? The history of barred rock bantams are likely highlighted there. Also, male birds in the standard are referred to as cockerels ( under one yr of age ) or cockbirds/cock ( after 1 yr of age ). No harm, no foul, but the participants here will likely take you more seriously if you use the correct terminology

The breeder I got mine from said about 25% would go broody. I free range my flock and I have a theory that that type of lifestyle promotes broodieness. In a couple of years I will call back to the breeder and compare notes to test the theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom