The Princess Bride discussion

Which do your prefer, The Princess Bride book or movie?

• The movie!

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • The book!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I haven't read the book yet.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Wait, there's a book?

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I can't choose, I love them both equally!

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Meh...

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters
Pics
I must have been living under a rock. I really don’t know the movie or the book and haven’t heard of it as far as i remember. 🤣

You made me curious so I looked at an old trailer. Is it just another fairy tale?. Did i miss something important?

Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...

Hello!
20210224_120421.jpg

I must have been living under a rock. I really don’t know the movie or the book and haven’t heard of it as far as i remember. 🤣

You made me curious so I looked at an old trailer. Is it just another fairy tale?. Did i miss something important?
It's in fairy tale style, but more tongue in cheek. It's a wonderful, not serious at all story.

Has anyone here seen/read Stardust? Neil Gaiman is an awesome author.

You're not the only one! It is a classic in my family and used to be very popular but lots of people nowadays don't know about it.

In the movie it is a bit different, but to quote from the book:
"Has it got any sports in it?"
"Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Poison. True love. Hate. Revenge. Giants. Hunters. Bad men. Good men. Beautifulest ladies. Snakes. Spiders. Beasts of all natures and descriptions. Pain. Death. Brave men. Coward men. Strongest men. Chases. Escapes. Lies. Truths. Passion. Miracles."
"Sounds okay, I'll do my best to stay awake."

Yep, that about sums it up! I recommend the movie first if you decide to try!

Back
Top Bottom