The emus probably take up alot of their attention. The chickens would more then likely serve as an income to keep emus fed. It is easy to forget about little chickens who just do their own thing. I know I find myself paying more attention to my ducks than my hens :oops:
I could see that happening. That's actually why I moved the quail inside the Shack. It's just 1 small pin and easy to forget about.

Hello everyone. Incubator arrived today, setting eggs tomorrow, I'm pretty sure half the chicks are due Easter if I set them tomorrow.. bit of a problem with humidity, how much should it be on during the first few weeks, till lock down.. and how do I control it? Incubator humidity is at 65, and I don't think it should be, and the temp it normal.. 38C, which is what the manual said was normal. Thanks!

Hello everyone. Incubator arrived today, setting eggs tomorrow, I'm pretty sure half the chicks are due Easter if I set them tomorrow.. bit of a problem with humidity, how much should it be on during the first few weeks, till lock down.. and how do I control it? Incubator humidity is at 65, and I don't think it should be, and the temp it normal.. 38C, which is what the manual said was normal. Thanks!

Nope, that humidity is too high. Give this a read:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-beginners-guide-to-incubation.73350/

Are snakes mice rats around there? All can squeeze through small gaps. I can't visualise 1/2" but thats what I think would get through. None are really predators so much as food theifs and in the snakes case a bitey trap.
It's just shy of 13mm. I've seen 2 snakes in 2 years and no mice/rats. Though Sully did catch and eat a mole one day.

Back
Top Bottom