Woohoooo!! :yesss: I had a feed experience as well yesterday.... We have a popular chain called tractor supply and then a small feed store. I had been buying small bags for the same price that this place offers a 50# bag for. I don't go there often bc they only take cash. I lose/spend cash too fast so I never have any on me. So I decided to have a look around and realized I had been robbed by tractor supply. This place has everything that I have ever needed and the prices are soooo much cheaper. I will be going there from now on.

I just realized you are from Australia and I have so many questions!!!! I'll stick with one for now though... Have you seen lots of wild kangaroo??! I think those would be my favorite! Are they really mean like I've heard?? I have always wanted a wallaby.
So many kangaroos and emus! We actually are lucky enough to have a wallaby live on our creek. He's a good hider
20210325_081939.jpg
They aren't common like their big cousins. Kangaroos aren't mean so much as territorial. Very smart animal. They've been known to drown dogs in puddles of water or choke them out. They are cool to see a big mob springing along. Emus are currently nesting so waiting for some little cheeps to start appearing.

So many kangaroos and emus! We actually are lucky enough to have a wallaby live on our creek. He's a good hiderView attachment 2631407 They aren't common like their big cousins. Kangaroos aren't mean so much as territorial. Very smart animal. They've been known to drown dogs in puddles of water or choke them out. They are cool to see a big mob springing along. Emus are currently nesting so waiting for some little cheeps to start appearing.
What do they taste like!

What’s kangaroo taste like also?

What do they taste like!

What do emu or wallaby taste like? Not allowed to eat wallabies (endangered) emu is a deep dark red meat, if you cook it wrong it turns to leather. But you cook it right its a really rich taste, wouldn't call it gamey. Kangaroo is really tasty. Similar to deer but alot more iron. Kangaroo sausages are some of the best I've eaten

What do they taste like!

Many years ago, when i was little, there was a food scandal back in Germoney: A company had bought Kangaroo meat for little money in Australia and kind of smuggled it into the country where they sold it as Argentinian Steak.
The officials yelled, there was a shitstorm in the media (at a time when nobody knew what a shitstorm is!) and suddenly everybody fell silent: The Kangaroo meat had been thoroughly examined and found to be much better than the best Argentinian beef money could buy.
That company could have made an even larger fortune by selling their Kangaroo meat as what it was instead of re-labeling it as beef. :he
Kangaroo is one of the best meats i have ever had the joy to eat! - Foal is the other one, now beat me up for being cruel…

We actually are lucky enough to have a wallaby live on our creek. He's a good hider

I got to be a wallaby's 'mom' for a little bit. So, my ex-boyfriend's (we're still friends) grandmother owns a wildlife rehabilitation center in PA. I went down with him to visit his family, and we of course visited there. It was awesome. She, in addition to the wildlife, had a small zoo started that she wanted to able to open to the public, and then use the funds to help more wildlife.

At the time I visited, she had a baby wallaby she was raising. It was still in the 'pouch' which of course for us was a bag. So for the day, I carried her around, fed her her bottles, etc.

I also bottle-fed some baby deer and opossums and squirrels, and played with a baby alligator.

Back
Top Bottom